Timeless All Stars - At Onkel Pö's Carnegie Hall, Hamburg 1982

HutchFan

Just found out about this; available on March 1, 2019:

71MrBuG49ZL._SX355_.jpg

Timeless All Stars - At Onkel Pö's Carnegie Hall, Hamburg 1982 (Jazz Line, Germany)

with Bobby Hutcherson, Harold Land, Curtis Fuller, Cedar Walton, Buster Williams, and Billy Higgins

CD consists of four LONG cuts:
1. Tokudo (19:18)     
2. My Foolish Heart (14:38)     
3. Clockwise (20:32)     
4. Mapenzi (20:52) 

Needless to say, I'll be all over this one. :tup 

15 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Just found out about this; available on March 1, 2019:

71MrBuG49ZL._SX355_.jpg

Timeless All Stars - At Onkel Pö's Carnegie Hall, Hamburg 1982 (Jazz Line, Germany)

with Bobby Hutcherson, Harold Land, Curtis Fuller, Cedar Walton, Buster Williams, and Billy Higgins

CD consists of four LONG cuts:
1. Tokudo (19:18)     
2. My Foolish Heart (14:38)     
3. Clockwise (20:32)     
4. Mapenzi (20:52) 

Needless to say, I'll be all over this one. :tup 

Looks like a winner for sure ....

The last thing I need is even more Woody Shaw -- but I'm sure I'll break down and get it the next chance I have.

And probably the Timeless All Stars date too -- looks too good on paper to pass up.

I swear, that last Woody Shaw date at Onkel Pö's Carnegie Hall (from the early 80's), was just about *THE* very best sounding live jazz recording I think I've EVER heard.

3 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Amazon says Timeless All Stars - currently unavailable!!

UK is saying early March. I think I’m in for this one, plus still have to pick up some of the previous batch. As mentioned, the sonics are great and the music well up to standard.

Heck, the Timeless has Hutcherson, Land, Walton, Higgins, Fuller and Buster Williams. That is pretty well my ideal lineup..

That Hayes was from the same tour that Woody Shaw and Junior Cook had an on-stage bust up at Ronnie Scotts, from my memory of the Melody Maker gig report at the time.

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Was wondering if they might have recorded George Coleman’s Octet with Danny Moore and Frank Strozier at this venue? If so, that would be a corker.

This George Coleman Octet edition wouldn`t be too shabby either :

George Coleman - tenor sax; Bobby Watson - alto sax; Sal Nistico - tenor sax; Mario Rivera - bari sax ; Danny Moore - tpt and flugelhorn; Harold Mabern - piano; Clint Houston - bass  Billy Higgins - drums 

17 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Must have been wonderful ...

Funilly enough I remember being slightly disappointed at the time (by the arrangements more than anything) and preferred Coleman’s quartet gigs (which were outstanding) but I must have needed my head testing ! I think the band was caught on disk on Jazz House Records put out by Ronnie Scotts.

Edited by sidewinder

Must be hot !

I remember once at a festival the Timeless Allstars with that personell was scheduled in 1983 but didn´t show up in that formation. Instead it was Jackie McLean, Bobby Hutcherson, Herbie Lewis and Billy Higgins, so I think Bobby and Billy was from the "Timeless" family, but I don´t think McLean was part of it. Anyway, this group also should have been recorded, they were super hot.

Harold Land appeared with Dizzy in autumn 1983.