New Member seeking assistance with Mosaic Commodore set Vol. III

RTM

Hi everyone,

I'm a retired Musician(Trumpet/Keyboards), as well as a Band/Orchestra Director/private teacher.  After many years of trying to acquire these three boxsets, I decided it was now or never and pulled the trigger on three of the most affordable copies I could locate.  Unfortunately one (Volume III) showed up without its documentation/booklet.  I know that these are trying times for everyone and none of us are as "mobile" as we'd like to be.  But if someone has this booklet or might be able to point me in the direction of where to purchase one, please PM me.  Best wishes to everyone for a better 2021 for us all.  Thanks in advance!  Keep swingin'...Rick

There is a chance (although I don’t know how good of a chance) that Mosaic may still have some. When they held an open house a few years ago they had a large inventory of booklets and I was able to purchase a couple of the older ones.

You could contact Scott Wenzel at Mosaic and ask him. Even if they don’t have any to spare perhaps they could make you a copy. 

5 hours ago, RTM said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a retired Musician(Trumpet/Keyboards), as well as a Band/Orchestra Director/private teacher.  After many years of trying to acquire these three boxsets, I decided it was now or never and pulled the trigger on three of the most affordable copies I could locate.  Unfortunately one (Volume III) showed up without its documentation/booklet.  I know that these are trying times for everyone and none of us are as "mobile" as we'd like to be.  But if someone has this booklet or might be able to point me in the direction of where to purchase one, please PM me.  Best wishes to everyone for a better 2021 for us all.  Thanks in advance!  Keep swingin'...Rick

Welcome aboard ....

Welcome RTM!

I'm wondering - does copyright prevent Mosaic from reprinting booklets from the OOP sets? If printing is too much of an investment, how about PDF? They could load them on thumb drives and sell them to raise funds...

Outside of that, who wrote those Commodore booklets? If they're still around maybe they can be contacted and possibly be willing to share? Just a thought. 

Yes, I'm aware, but thanks for reminding me.  I've PM'd Dan but haven't heard anything back yet.  Scott said that he didn't have it, which was discouraging.  I wanted to make it up to Connecticut for that sale that they had, but...well...you know...all things CoV-19 along with everything that entails...

I just wanted to put an all-call out for it.  I'd be fine with a .pdf if someone has one. I've received one reply that said they could help out in about a half-year or so. I presume that it's a lockdown/contagion issue and that's perfectly understandable and I'm grateful.  I'm patient.  I've used these (other Mosaic) sets for decades in clinics and private lessons. While there are still options for online in-person instruction, that obviously isn't a top priority at the moment. I just wanted to send out an S.O.S. for the booklet.  Again, any help would be gratefully appreciated.  Just PM me.  I'll be happy to cover/reimburse costs.  Thanks again to everyone for their help and best to everyone!

Rick  

Edited by RTM
clarification

Some of the booklets are available on MusicBrainz but unfortunately not this one. The Internet Archive is a good source as well, but no luck there either, as only volume 2 is available: https://archive.org/details/lp_the-complete-commodore-jazz-recordings-vol_various-albert-ammons-albert-ammons-rhythm

I just purchased the three volumes. I cannot scan the booklet but can take pictures and send them to you if that's ok. Will try tomorrow and PM you. 

Edited by hopkins

Thanks to everyone who's replied/responded via PM.  I just received a .pdf and it looks to fit the bill just fine!  I'm not sure what the protocol should be for conveying name specific thanks to the member who sent the booklet, so I will let this serve that function.  You know who you are and please know I REALLY appreciate it.  I believe in "lifelong learning" and you've made that a lot easier with respect to Volume III of the Complete Commodore Mosaic! I look forward to getting to know everyone on the forum.  Peace and Prosperity to all for 2021.

"If you swing, you can make it."-Woody Herman

Edited by RTM

• 2 weeks later...

Post-Script:  Thanks again to all.  I've been looking for the recently posted/read thread about the three Commodore volumes being sold for around $325.00.  If I'd seen it, I'd have jumped on it.  I actually came in just a bit under that ask (and all the sets are in great shape), but with the third set coming in without the booklet, it's hard to feel good about my "um" score.  I have a pretty good 4/5ths scale reproduction and a lead on an original booklet.  But if that lead comes through, I'll probably be over the line, outlay-wise.  Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes you're the aperitif, I guess. The list of sets that I'm interested in acquiring is getting shorter, but if there's a place on the forum where I can get a head's up for a fair price bargain, please let me know where that thread resides.  TIA, stay safe everyone...

Edited by RTM

I forgot about this follow-up question to my original "LF" post:  Apparently, there was a second booklet with the complete Commodore discography in it.  If someone by chance has a .pdf of THAT rascal, I'd sure like to get a copy of it.  TIA...