Upcoming MOSAICS (resuming)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back, maybe a couple of months, CD Universe had this set listed for $91. It was backordered, then had a release date, then backordered again, the had a new release date, then backordered yet again. Last week, I received an email that it had shipped. The price with shipping was around $95.

I received that set today. It's the Mosaic with a serial number of B0002464-2 where you would normally see MD7-225 on the spine of the box. The booklet says "one of a limited edition of 10000".

Just before I my set shipped I saw the $16.79 price and thought it to good to be true. I almost cancelled my original order for the $95 set but did not, figuring that at $95 it was still a good price. I did order a $16.79 yesterday set to give as a gift, but today, my order status says "no longer available"

I guess I'm happy with saving $25 or so but it looks like some of you may have gotten the deal of the century.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

I checked order status on this just now (under my personal account and order tracking function, not the generic availability on the main page) and it says "no longer available." So I'm not out $20 but also no "deal of the century." Easy come, easy go, it was worth a try! :lol:

Edited by DrJ

Just got this mail from a CD Universe customer service agent:

Dear Reinier,

Unfortunately, there had been a pricing error with the "Complete Verve

Sessions" CD set.  It is our policy to honor 1 unit at the lower price if

this occurs, and we have adjusted your order accordingly.  I sincerely

apologize for any inconvenience, and please feel free to contact me if you

have any further questions.

So for me it's the deal of the century (at least for one copy it is).

I received that set today. It's the Mosaic with a serial number of B0002464-2 where you would normally see MD7-225  on the spine of the box.  The booklet says "one of a limited edition of 10000".

And I got mine today! Exactly as Ed described. $19.78 including postage. I now have holiday listening plans... and the deal of the century.

Woohoo!

:excited:

edit:

Thanks, Clunky, for the tip off!

Edited by sjarrell

I received that set today. It's the Mosaic with a serial number of B0002464-2 where you would normally see MD7-225  on the spine of the box.  The booklet says "one of a limited edition of 10000".

And I got mine today! Exactly as Ed described. $19.78 including postage. I now have holiday listening plans... and the deal of the century.

Woohoo!

:excited:

edit:

Thanks, Clunky, for the tip off!

Got mine too :P , it's a euro mosaic made in USA and for some curious reason the spine is mis-titled,

we all now know that it should read

"The Jazztet Concert Jazz Complete Argo/Mecury recordings". :g

WOW...CD Universe lied to me.

They said this was a one cd set and because of this fact I cancelled the order. I've since emailed them to complain. I most certainly wouldn't have cancelled the order had I know this. It seems as though they lied to me in order to avoid honoring their mispricing of the set.

WOW...CD Universe lied to me. They said this was a one cd set and because of this fact I cancelled the order. I've since emailed them to complain. I most certainly wouldn't have cancelled the order had I know this. It seems as though they lied to me in order to avoid honoring their mispricing of the set.

When I read your first post that you'd placed an order for the mystery set AND sent an email to confirm its identity... I'd a feeling you'd receive such a reply from CD Universe. Why would a company desire to sell a product at a loss if it didn't have to? :P

This is the kind of situation where all one can do is pay his money and take his chances. I didn't pay my money and I didn't get my Jazztet set for $16.00. Damn.

Well the plot continues to thicken. As I mentioned, I had originally checked my order status at CDUniverse to find that the Jazztet item was listed as "no longer available" and so figured my order was cancelled. Then a couple days back I get an e-mail saying it shipped and that it was a single CD. It arrives today and...it's the FULL SET! Most bizarre, but a fortunate turn of events! Thanks Clunky for putting me on to this opportunity.

Edited by DrJ

It seems to me that those who got this got lucky and hey, congrats. But for those who knew that CD Universe was making an error and then taking advantage of that and then complaining about it when CD Universe realized their error, that's not right because you were taking advantage of their innocent error. It's one thing if both sides didn't realize what they were doing. But that can't be said here so I don't think you have anything to gripe about.