Horace Tapscott & Pan Afrikan People Arkestra - Live at IUCC 11/2678 2CD

jcam_44

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, mjazzg said:

Welcome to London Royal Mail...

Mine arrived today. Sound is decent. The packaging simple but effective ( ie discs aren’t going to drop out) . Music and performance is suitably visceral.

Edited by Clunky

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

Mine arrived today. Sound is decent. The packaging simple but effective ( ie discs aren’t going to drop out) . Music and performance is suitably visceral.

Totally agree with that. Not studio hi fi sound but quite acceptable. Musically excellent. I was thinking I had heard the (stonking) first track on CD1 before and of course, it is on one of Horace Silver’ Blue Note albums (‘Serenade for a Soul Sister’ I think).

The shipping from the US was really fast. Compared to my 3.5 month shipment from Mosaic. Due to arrive today but no - what’s another day to Royal Mail when you can hold it back for another weekend. A travesty all round !

Edited by sidewinder

Mine continues to lounge in Albuquerque...since April 15.

Matt at Nimbus is being helpful and he's going to see what he can find out...I know a lot of people grumble about the post office. I've typically had good luck and I consider myself fortunate to have had very few mishaps. But I'm in a slump. The new GD Dave's Pick 46 (a highly anticipated 1972 show) arrived at the post office on 4/29 and continues to languish as it waits for "acceptance" and I've got another order from Florida that seems to be swirling around Tampa Bay for the past few weeks as well. Ugh.

Mine is ‘held in customs’. I know from experience that could take ages. I definitely will let the complete series collected in Albuquerque and shipped as one. Gonna be a long wait but save myself a lot of import duties and shipping costs.

my copy (Australia bound) arrived yesterday

I'm very happy with the SQ & the fact that they are transferring from the raw master reels. Will be interested to hear the comparison between the "tweaked" version of Noissesprahs (SharpSession) from the original 2LP/2CD "Live At The IUCC" compared to the "raw" version on Vol. 6

I'll probably have my sets shipped in two batches of 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pim said:

Not sure if I read it here but is the sound going to improve in the series or will they all be like volume 1?

Jacket states sq will improve after this first release. This was the sound engineers first time recording them. 

6 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

Jacket states sq will improve after this first release. This was the sound engineers first time recording them. 

Oh dear I just admitted I was too lazy to read the liner notes 😳 thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I subscribed to this series from whoever is running Nimbus West now, and I've only received two volumes of the series:  Live at the IUCC 6/24/79 (a double CD) and 2/25/79 (which says 11/25/79 on the back). Has anyone received more? 

Also, I didn't notice that Volume 1 (11/26/78) is not part of the subscription series, and is sold out. Does anyone here have a line on a copy? 

Edited by Hoppy T. Frog