New podcast - Break A Vase

I just wanted to give a quick mention to a project I've started recently - a series of roughly 45-50 minute podcasts called 'Break A Vase'.

Essentially, the episodes are me free-associating my way around my record collection in a hopefully interesting way...so for sure it's not 'new releases' radio in any way (many of course already doing this in brilliant ways)...more something which began with me reflecting on the amount of physical media I'd lovingly collected, but wasn't listening to as much any more, due to the requirements of being on the road for concerts the whole time. Not all jazz, although this naturally plays a very large part...but do check out the track listings to get a sense!

I've been releasing episodes weekly, and 13 are already available at:

...and if you enjoy the show, please do consider subscribing and sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Rabshakeh said:

I'd missed this. Will have a listen tomorrow. 

Is it on any podcasters for download? Or would one need internet?

@Rabshakeh - so sorry - I missed this! I believe you can download from Mixcloud...although I have to confess - I just don't know whether or not you need to subscribe to the channel to do that!

On 6/29/2023 at 4:47 PM, Dub Modal said:

Listening now. First 2 tracks were great. Lester Bowie's Brass Fantasy really struggles with One Love surprisingly. 

@Dub Modal thanks so much for checking it out!

p.s. Episode 18 now available as of this morning: 

18 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

is the breaking a vase a reference to "Rip, Rig & Panic" ?

will definitely check some of this out -- @ep1str0phy and I were just talking about you.

Oh - no, but I *love* that moment (and remember being completely knocked out by it when I first heard it)...it was in fact a Derek Walcott reference! Hope all well with you, Clifford.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, Alexander Hawkins said:

Oh - no, but I *love* that moment (and remember being completely knocked out by it when I first heard it)...it was in fact a Derek Walcott reference! Hope all well with you, Clifford.

Aha!

Yeah, this show is a peek inside the composer's mind. Great programming, sir.

Very much enjoying episode 22, my first episode.

I don't visit Mixcloud often, is it possible to get a full track rundown somewhere on the app?

1 minute ago, mjazzg said:

Very much enjoying episode 22, my first episode.

I don't visit Mixcloud often, is it possible to get a full track rundown somewhere on the app?

Scratch that, seen how to do so now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...