What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Jim Snidero: For All We Know

I pre-ordered this; can't say it leaped out of the speakers though. Need to listen a couple more times and would be curious your thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

I pre-ordered this; can't say it leaped out of the speakers though. Need to listen a couple more times and would be curious your thoughts.

I haven't heard the Snidero, but I find, in general, trio recordings often don't hold my interest.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Arriving Wednesday. Always like Farnsworth on drums.

Whilst over at the Dusty Groove site I bought three of the Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra sets on Nimbus.

I haven't been following these releases closely after the first one but decided it was time to carpe diem on what was available now.

On 3/18/2024 at 8:44 AM, Dan Gould said:

I've played it twice. No complaints. No rough edges, but no clinkers either.

41 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

No - I was replying to Dan Gould about the new Jim Snidero CD. I have the Lage too & it's excellent IMHO.

Yes, i'd understood that after some research... I also like the new Lage album, it might become one of my favorites by him, but "no rough edges, no clinkers" seemed fair nevertheless...

12 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I didn't buy it but perusing a local shop today, they had an original copy of the Rendell/Carr Quintetย  'Dusk Fire' for sale.

Only ยฃ850 !

Fitting to the album title ๐Ÿ˜ ....

9 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Fitting to the album title ๐Ÿ˜ ....

Looked like a nice copy, an unexpected sighting of what is a beautiful LP.

I ended up consoling myself with a nice Japanese pressing of Chris Connor 'At The Village Gate'. At ยฃ8 it fitted my retiree budget !

The shop also had a couple of Ann Burton Japanese Sony LPs. I seem to recall that you are an Ann Burton fan @Soulpope - recommended?

Edited by sidewinder

22 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Looked like a nice copy, an unexpected sighting of what is a beautiful LP.

I ended up consoling myself with a nice Japanese pressing of Chris Connor 'At The Village Gate'. At ยฃ8 it fitted my retiree budget !

The shop also had a couple of Ann Burton Japanese Sony LPs. I seem to recall that you are an Ann Burton fan @Soulpope - recommended?

If appreciating the voice of Chris Connor you should dig "Blue Burton" and "Ballads & Burton" ....