What music did you buy today?

tonym

McCoy Tyner, NIGHTS OF BALLADS & BLUES.

Yesterday: very bad. Bought a used, near-mint COMP. BILLIE HOLIDAY ON VERVE, even though I already have most of the material... also used copies of Don Byron's TUSKEGEE EXPERIMENTS, an Irene Kral w/Junior Mance on Fresh Sounds, and the Silos' CUBA.

Edited by ghost of miles

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered them earlier this week but I got them today...

Herbie Hancock - My Point of View, The Prisoner

Jimmy Smith - Groovin' at Small's Paradise

With these I am finally up to date on all RVGs. I have the Aug 10th batch on pre-order so at least for a while I can claim to have them all!

Having earlier resisted the siren's (okay, wesbed's) call to buy the Shorter-Kelly Mosaic, I found a couple of used Vee-Jays while running around town. Wynton's Someday My Prince Will Come and Introducing Wayne Shorter. Each one was in a different store.

Those Bastards!

I went to Dusty Groove, noticed they had reduced the price of a box set that I had my eye on, so I ended up buying the second of the Universal Nara Leao box sets.

Gonna be good. I needed a Brazilian fix and this will be a big one.

just bought a Czech 45rpm 7" with Karel Krautgartner & his Orchestra on side A performing some pretty WACK "Dance Fantasy" titled Neons. Lots of C-Euro classical elements. Side B is Gustav Brom & His Orchestra doing Fantail (Hefti) and Laura (Raskin), the latter ideal BFT material.

Bought it - or rather put it on the pile and took it with me - for the cover of course...