Dickey Betts (1943 - 2024)

soulpope

RIP, greatly enjoyed his guitar work, especially in tandem with Duane or with the spectacular Warren Haynes.  Though I hated "Rambin' Man" the first time I heard it, let alone the 1,000 time!

17 minutes ago, felser said:

Though I hated "Rambin' Man" the first time I heard it, let alone the 1,000 time!

I had the 45 though I was about 7 at the time and for a long time beyond all I knew of the Allmans was that song and Cher banging Gregg.

RIP.  The Fillmore album was simply great through and through.  I was fortunate enough to see the original band in Central Park a few months before Duane's passing.  At one point, I said to myself "Isn't that Donovan's There Is A Mountain"?  Sure enough, when Eat A Peach came out, there it was as Mountain Jam.

7 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

I had the 45 though I was about 7 at the time and for a long time beyond all I knew of the Allmans was that song and Cher banging Gregg.

That's a grim tale!

6 hours ago, mjzee said:

The Fillmore album was simply great through and through.

Yes, wore mine out as a teenager, was (and still am) especially mesmerized by the perfect "Hot 'Lanta"/"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" album side, and by the live "Whipping Post".