Chrome is missing

Milestones

After restarting my computer, Chrome has gone missing.  I have no idea why this would happen.  I have looked in Apps, I have looked in Trash--nowhere to be found.  

It's probably easy enough to reinstall Chrome.  But all my Bookmarks are gone and would probably be gone permanently--we are talking about several hundred.

Any advice?

If you go here, what do you see?

Macintosh HD > user > Library > Application Support > Google > Chrome > Default > Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak

Please consider using the Time Machine backup feature in the future.

Edited by sonnymax

f you're signed in to your Google account and have sync enabled, your bookmarks are safely stored in the cloud. These bookmarks can then be easily restored simply by logging back into your Google account on a reinstalled Chrome browser.Feb 25, 2024

If you look around in Chrome you'll find Bookmark Manager.  Look around in there and you'll find Export Bookmarks.  Click it.  It will create a file, a piece of html.  Click the file and it will come up in whatever browser with all of your bookmarks listed as clickable links.  Do this every now and then and you will never be worried about losing your bookmarks.