The Taxman Is A Knockin'

Are Your Taxes Done?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I finished ours about a week ago (for the record - she did 'em -- she's a lot better with forms than I am). We usually wait until sometime around mid-March, but one year we actually got them done about a week after we got our W2's in the mail (probably the first week in February). Of course, that was back when we could both still file the EZ form (and before we were married), probably around 1998 or so.

My wife and I wanted our refund ASAP, so I did our taxes in late January, if I remember correctly. We got our state and federal refunds by mid-February. I do our taxes online at H&R Block's website every year because we don't have anything complicated to worry about - we don't own a home, have no investments outside of my 401k, and have minimal charitable contributions. Doing our taxes online doesn't even take me 30 minutes.

What happened to the days when you people got really pro-active about taxmen and started dressing up as indians and throwing things in harbours?

Since we now have taxation with representation, we are not moved to do this anymore.

Also, I don't like tea.

Got mine done about 2 days ago. I guess I should thank W that the basic deduction for married filing jointly is now enuff ($9,500) that I don't have to itemize (what with a 'modest home' and a variable rate mortgage). I would've come out about the same, but it so much easier to just take the basic, and they can't argue...Of course, the state and local are a 'nother matter.