r u offended?

should i remove my leg kicking lady?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My two cents-

I think a poll is pretty irrelevant here. If I felt I was offending anyone, I'd ditch the thing pronto. It's not really a cause worth "going to the mat" for, IMHO.

Besides, this is b3er's crib, and he's made his feelings clear (without being "heavy" about it), so let's respect his wishes.

Personally, I'm not offended by much of anything I've ever seen or read here, but this is not MY house. I think we can be just a little respectful without sacrificing our rights of speech and expression. Jim generously grants us "carte blanche" around here, let's not take that for granted.

What Paul said!!!!

:tup:tup:tup

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm deeply offended, Tony.

I innocently looked up whippets on google image search and look what appeared!

http://pages.globetrotter.net/mcordeau/2003/whippet.htm

(don't ask why I looked up whippets...its coffee break time, I've been working hard...)

Bloody Hell!!!

I did the same search and was amazed by the quality of those 'puppy's noses', all on one page.

Geez, you Brits got me all confused! :wacko:

I voted yes (and tipped the scales!--don't know if I'd have voted knowing I had that responsibility, I was just expressing my opinion)

I voted yes because I'm a prude and hate to be reminded of the existence of sex.

Actually, I think it's because I'm a sort of romantic. Your avatar, I think, plays on sex in a way that enhances rather than trashes its power, pleasure and mystery (Yes, I mystify sex, a man's gotta mystify something, for me it's sex). In it's way, it's subtle.

The kicking gal is a travesty by comparison. It just reminds me of how cheap carnality can be made. It is to sex what pushing a piano out a window is to music.

I think it tramples on something I hold in deep reverence.

I don't think you ought to be made to not use kicking lady. I just wish you didn't.

Gotta get right with sex!

--eric

What a bunch of tripe! ;)

Geez, you Brits got me all confused!

Not nearly as confused as you'll be when civilisation collapses.

You'll all be desperately dialing phones that don't work and starving.

We'll still be communicating via our pigeons and feasting off whippet steaks.

Then it'll only be a matter of time before the Royal Navy reappears in Boston Harbour.

Be nice to us!

It doesn't personally bother me but I think it should go if no other reason than out of respect for the female members on the board. If the male board members want to attract more women to the board to share in all this music discussion then these are the type of things that they should be mindful of.

l

Perhaps a poll of the women on this board might be of interest. I have a feeling Rachel and Maren don't have a problem with it, but I could be wrong. I posted Chris Farley's butt crack Gif and while I was offended, I didn't hear too many complaints.

Edited by BERIGAN

Perhaps a poll of the women on this board might be of interest. I have a feeling Rachel and Maren don't have a problem with it, but I could be wrong. I posted Chris Farley's butt crack Gif and while I was offended, I didn't hear too many complaints.

I thought it was yours and I was offended!

:lol:

to quote hall & oates, "she's gone" :)

i decided to close the polls early (i do live in florida!) because my laptop is in the shop and i won't be able to be back on line until monday! :wacko:

a whole weekend without the board :o i'm getting the shakes already!

even though counting the latter 2 catagories the "no" votes probably won, i decided that having her there was fun but it was time to move on. :g

she is still in my personal profile for those who care to visit. ;)

thanks to all who participated i think we all learned a little more about each other! :w