r u offended?

should i remove my leg kicking lady?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blondes can do that

:g .... seems they can do a lot of other things, at least in signatures.

I don't feel offended, but see how someone, especially women, might feel that way. On the other hand, you can't judge a board community by just two members posting bouncing boobs or nude ladies - it's part of life, and it's a woman (supposedly) kicking her legs, so she should be the one to blame for exposing herself and giving men the opportunity to gaze at her ... well, she does it because she knows there are guys who like it and will pay for it ... it is a multi-faceted affair. Enjoying looking at a nude female body does not imply disrespect for women, IMHO. Avoiding things like this is not the solution. As long as it is not getting out of hand, it's okay with me.

But like Claude, I find it somewhat distracting in the place of a signature.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no, because I'm not OFFENDED by it. I do myself feel that these particular animated gifs may be a little TOO MUCH. I can certainly understand that they may offend someone else, certainly I can understand that they may offend women who might otherwise decide to nest here.

I'm not slinging stones. I don't have a clean slate. I like to post in the Babes section indeed. Though I wouldn't mind at all posting fully clothed babes only!

I voted yes (and tipped the scales!--don't know if I'd have voted knowing I had that responsibility, I was just expressing my opinion)

I voted yes because I'm a prude and hate to be reminded of the existence of sex.

Actually, I think it's because I'm a sort of romantic. Your avatar, I think, plays on sex in a way that enhances rather than trashes its power, pleasure and mystery (Yes, I mystify sex, a man's gotta mystify something, for me it's sex). In it's way, it's subtle.

The kicking gal is a travesty by comparison. It just reminds me of how cheap carnality can be made. It is to sex what pushing a piano out a window is to music.

I think it tramples on something I hold in deep reverence.

I don't think you ought to be made to not use kicking lady. I just wish you didn't.

Gotta get right with sex!

--eric

....some meaty brobblopps in between.

Dare I ask what's going on with this?

that's a quote from an esteemed member that i usurped out of context for it's absolutely perfect way to describe just about anything you might like it to. now looking at evan's avatar or even the bouncing berigans along with such a thought ...:wub:

and the best part is that it's absolutely google-proof!

now if only zee deer dokktur vas inkviring i might tell all. ;)

oh well here tis...from BFT 5: (edited)

Track 3: Elvin Jones - Mr Jones (Keiko Jones)

Released on "Polycurrents" (Blue Note)

Jones really struck me as a nice guy on this one somehow, because he didn't play himself into the foreground on his own album. Listen to him go on the intro/theme statement, reverting to supporting with simple hi-hat cha-chicking and some meaty brobblopps in between.

Very simple: I got tired of the avatars long ago, and took advantage of the facility to turn them off - you can set your profile to do this. I WAS offended by some vulgar ones, and others were distracting while I was trying to read the posts, so bye-bye to them all.

I haven't seen the latest masterpiece, and don't want to see it.

Google picks that up as a part of your organissimo profile!

oh your right! that explains all the bizarre spam i receive!! :g

i initially misspelled "brobblops" with only one 'p' in deference to the deutsch derivative from whence it comes.

cool beans! that's a genyoowine google-whack!

Guest Chaney

Do only the YES and  NO votes count?

I've decided... YES!

Why count the fence sitters and easy-going folks?

Take a stand on these vital issues, dammit!

Edited by Chaney

I'm deeply offended, Tony.

I innocently looked up whippets on google image search and look what appeared!

http://pages.globetrotter.net/mcordeau/2003/whippet.htm

(don't ask why I looked up whippets...its coffee break time, I've been working hard...)

Bloody Hell!!!

I did the same search and was amazed by the quality of those 'puppy's noses', all on one page.

My two cents-

I think a poll is pretty irrelevant here. If I felt I was offending anyone, I'd ditch the thing pronto. It's not really a cause worth "going to the mat" for, IMHO.

Besides, this is b3er's crib, and he's made his feelings clear (without being "heavy" about it), so let's respect his wishes.

Personally, I'm not offended by much of anything I've ever seen or read here, but this is not MY house. I think we can be just a little respectful without sacrificing our rights of speech and expression. Jim generously grants us "carte blanche" around here, let's not take that for granted.