I'll Not Be Buying This...

JSngry

From Dusty Groove (the BASTARDS!):

bardot_brig_nueausole_101b.jpg

Brigitte Bardot -- Nue Au Soleil -- The Lost 70's Album . . . CD . . . $16.99 (Item: 82450) Universal (France), Early 70s Condition: New Copy

Funky Brigitte Bardot -- the kind we like the best! This wonderful set brings together a bunch of rare tracks that Bardot cut in the early 70s -- a scattering of singles, soundtrack songs, and unreleased tracks, pulled together to make a fantastic Lost 70s Album! The sound here takes off nicely from Brigitte's funky work with Serge Gainsbourg in the late 60s -- with some slight baroque touches, lots of cool instrumentation, and an angular approach to French pop that makes for lots of skittish little grooves and sly rhythmic progressions. The mode works perfectly with Brigitte's sexy vocals, and the album's easily some of the best work we've ever heard from her -- offering up a new delight at every turn! Titles include "La Fille De Paille", "John Et Michael", "Je Voudrais Perdre La Memoire", "Quand Mon Amour Danse", "Mon Leopard Et Moi", "Chacun Son Homme", "Soyons Deux", "C'est Une Bossa Nova", "Vous Ma Lady", and "Tu Es Venu Mon Amour".

I think I'd like me some funky Brigitte Bardot too, just not on a CD....

Edited by JSngry

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Who cares about the music? I'm thinking $16.99 is a small price to pay for a conversation piece like this. My Lordy me..that is one serious babe. My socks rolled themselves down around my ankles all by themselves within seconds of opening up your thread.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think my S.O. wouldn't have a problem if I left this CD sitting around on the coffee table in the front room. Lord knows it beats the peewaddin' out of the CD with Buell Neidingler's picture on the insert that's been sitting there for the last couple of weeks.

Up over and out.

She's a fucking bigot.

She is; she's really nasty.

BB is a staunch supporter of extreme right-wing French politician Jean-Marie Le Pen.

She is indeed. She really is. But I'm weak, really weak.

Caught the other day an early film of her 'La Lumiere d'En Face', made in 1955 when she was 21. The film is pretty bad but Brigitte (or Brijou as she is often called here) was stunning. Beautiful. To die for.

I can't ignore her extreme rightwing politics. But I'm weak and I forgive her when I remember how wonderful she was in her prime...

She's a fucking bigot.

BB is a staunch supporter of extreme right-wing French politician Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Caught the other day an early film of her 'La Lumiere d'En Face', made in 1955 when she was 21. The film is pretty bad but Brigitte (or Brijou as she is often called here) was stunning. Beautiful. To die for.

I can't ignore her extreme rightwing politics. But I'm weak and I forgive her when I remember how wonderful she was in her prime...

In my opinion her (former) looks don't excuse her fascist political ideas.

She's a fucking bigot.

when Hans is right, Hans is right

(not extreme right of course!!!)

She's a fucking bigot.

Hans, wait till you see the Light (La Lumiere d'en Face, I mean). I'm sure all will be forgiven...

She's a fucking bigot.

Hans, wait till you see the Light (La Lumiere d'en Face, I mean). I'm sure all will be forgiven...

Oh no, it will not - by the way, I've seen several of her movies on television, and found them all appallingly bad.

Edited by J.A.W.

Seriously, though... how do we each (individually) draw the line between art and the artist? (Not saying that BB is necessarily all that "artistic," but the point remains.) Miles, after all, could be abusive. Is it okay for one to despise BB and her work because one disagrees with her politics? Sure, why not. But it's only a matter of degees in then disliking Miles and "Kind of Blue" because of how Miles treated, for example, women. Just wondering...

Actress Brigitte Bardot offers an example of the long-term effects sun exposure. This French actress starred in many films in the 1960's. The photo on the right from the mid-1980's shows the wrinkling from sun exposure that many mistakenly assume is a natural part of aging. Unlike many American actresses, Bardot has opted not to undergo face-lifts and other facial rejuvenating treatments that are currently available in the office of a dermatologist. Preventive medicine in the form of sun protection and avoidance of tanning is especially important.
Edited by 7/4