Still non reissued label?

Vincent, Paris

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akanalog

the paul jeffery mainstream albums are tight.

i also have a great harold land album called like "choma burn" or something and another one which isn't quite as good.

i also have a curtis fuller mainstream album which is cool...it has electic piano and some electic bass i believe-which i found surprising for him.

i like these early 70s mainstream albums because they almost always feature electic piano and many have two drummers (and two bassists) so they get that sort of spiritual early jazz fusion vibe going on. (at least in my mind)

i got a roy haynes album too-what is the name? it does have george adams and it is pretty good-i see it going for a lot at stores so i suspect there is a rap sample on it somewhere...

i did see the shelley manne mainstream album "mannekind" on CD once...should have picked it up. i have no idea what label issued the CD.

Mannekind"'s been out a couple of times on CD. Also - that Art Farmer and strings session has been out , but it's not in the same league as the Mercury strings session. Another nice feature of the label - in addition to the headphones noted above - lots of chains and necklaces!

I hope for the Mal Waldron Musica albums... someday.

Here's another label:

Silveto.

I asked Horace Silver if he intended to bring them out, and he said not any time soon; waiting for someone to make him a good offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is another site of interest.

Jazz labels

The Xanadu link brings you to a Fitzgerald site which says: "Label established in 1975 by Don Schlitten, formerly a producer for Prestige Records. A number of Xanadu albums have also been reissued on CD by EPM, Prevue, and Crown (Japan)." So who's going to step up to the plate and make the pitch to Nippon Crown for an Al Cohn '75-'80 Xanadu box? :w

Someone earlier in this thread wished to find HORO lps at a good price. I have a few HORO lps and I would say they routinely issued crappy, noisy pressings. The founder of the label had a website up sometime ago that was selling lps but if I recall there was a hefty price and a large minimum purchase. I looked quick just now but couldn't find it.

I just bought a couple of used HORO Lps: Archie Shepp JAZZ A CONFRONTO vol. 27 (with C. Greenlee, D. Burrel, D. Williams, B. Harris), and Lee Konitz JAZZ A CONFRONTO vol. 32 ( with D. Cliff, P. Ind, A. Levitt).

Not a "state of art" vinyl, compared to early BN or ECM, but not so bad for 5 euros each! B-)