My Mother...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy,

I don't really know what to say -- but her love for jazz can certainly be seen and heard in your playing. I've only seen you guys play a few times, but every time, your love for and dedication to this music shines brightly. I'm sure she was very proud of all of your accomplishments.

Mark

My deepest condolences to you and to your family.

Thank you Rainy Day..

BTW, I lived in Oakland from Dec '85 to Nov '89. I lived at 3000 Nicol st. For 2 of those years I was a member of the San Francisco Mime Troupe.

You practically lived right around the corner from me! Those were also the years I caught the Mime Troupe regularly. What a small world.

Randy,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Please give my condolences to your family. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you will carry on her legacy every time you put stick to drum. Passing on a love of music of any kind is the most beautiful gift a parent can give to his or her child. Take care.

Jack

I'm so sorry to hear this, Randy. You and your family (and I guess especially your Dad, too, since we've "met" him here on the Board) are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to take extra-good care of yourself in the coming days and months. (I'm realizing now that I'm saying this to Ghost, Rooster and MikeWeil, too.) All the best.