All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ... be sure you check out the Klemperer/ Oistrakh version too ..., i think it is more robust.
  3. email reply said FLAC and mp3 both were available.
  4. New to me, band and players. If they've done anything else this good, please let me know.
  5. Agreed. I created a Blow up playlist using the soundtrack CD (minus most of the pop tunes, except the Yardbirds) and add the Bobby Hutcherson version of the theme at the end.
  6. Just finished: Curtis Counce - You Get More Boounce With Curtis Counce (Contemporary/Analogue Productions) Now playing: The Prestige Blues Swingers feat. Coleman Hawkins - Stasch (Prestige). I picked up this beautiful RVG pressing a few years back and stuffed it into the LP rack in the Various Artists section. I need to look in that section more often. Fun stuff. Old timey swing-styled in places but still fun.
  7. Today
  8. Clark Terry, Duke with a Difference (Riverside/OJC)
  9. Oblique is a great album, and the rendition of "Blow Up" is superb.
  10. Thanks. The Bobby Hutcherson recording of "Blow Up," with Herbie on piano, is amazing.
  11. Seasoned "West Coast Friends" for sure 😇😎 ....
  12. Somewhere in my racks I have that one ! Have most of those Atlas West Coast sessions I think.
  13. Atlas LA27-1017 - Terry Gibbs " My Buddy" - rec. 1982 - Engineer: James Mooney
  14. Duke Ellington – Isfahan ... 1983
  15. Sheep, Dog & Wolf – Two-Minds ... 2021 Artwork by Eddie Crawshaw
  16. Charlie Haden Hank Jones "Steal Away (Spirituals, Hymns And Folk Songs)" (Verve Records) 1995 .... photography by Walker Evans ....
  17. I never did pick that one up. I guess I figured that the band picked the best of the tracks for the original release and didn't think the alternate takes would be very different. Was I wrong?
  18. Sade "Diamond Life" (Epic) 1984 .... one of the best 80`s debut albums hands down ....
  19. Sade "Promise" (Epic) 1985 .... one of the excellent early albums .... what a soulful voice ....
  20. That´s how I saw him in the late 80´s with Headhunters II (Bill Evans on sax, Wah Wah Watson on guitar, Darryl Jones on bass and Ndugu Chandler on drums if I remember rite. Wonderful show. I love everything Herbie did, saw the acoustic bands of the 70´s VSOP, then in the 80´s VSOP II (with the Marsalis Brothers), everything.....
  21. Steel Pulse „Victims“ (MCA) 1991 ….
  1. Load more activity