are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

Finally received my shipping notice with fedex tracking # for my first big order from 7/13. So they are getting there, but they are moving pretty slowly. They're still shipping orders from the first week of the sale, so orders from last week and on could be quite a while before they ship.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, my first order was number in the 5600s and my second, just today, was in the 6100s. That's a LOT of orders, folks. I bet they are overwhelmed.

First order (5530) 12th. Received shipment 21st.

Second order (5779) 15th. Confirmation email gave ship date of the 19th but no tracking number yet.

Based on the Concord e-mails, the only item to date that has been cancelled (...out of roughly 110 discs) is Coltrane's 'Lush Life'. Not bad. Everything is in transit.

Whoopee - even my 'Lem's Beat' :excited:

Not so fast!!!! Your little precious is now being held in the basement while a 'Lem-for-Lush Life' prisoner swap is being negotiated. :cool: I'm adhereing to Geneva Convention dicates and letting it out for 10 minutes of fresh air and one cigarette per day.

:tup:g

I'll send in Blair to negotiate.

Or maybe not...

I finally received shipment confirmation of my order from the evening of July 12. All 40 CDs ordered were shipped.

I ordered the evening of July 12 (close to midnight Eastern time). No shipment confirmation yet. Will phone tomorrow.

I suspect you will hear something tomorrow anyway. I received my shipping confirm this afternoon for an order placed at about 9:30 p.m. on July 12. They seem to be getting there -- albeit slowly.

Finally! Got the shipping confirm today, as you predicted. All 32 items were shipped. [Yes, I now know that 34 would've given me free shipping, but I didn't know at the time. And Concord didn't answer my "may I augment the order?" e-mail. :rolleyes: ]

I finally got a tracking number late last night! Woohoo!

Oddly, my package is going north, instead of east. Is it normal for a package leaving "Beverly Hills CA" to go all the way to Sacramento, en route to south Texas? :unsure:

edit - AND spend 12 hrs at their facility in Sacto for no apparent reason?

edit - never mind again. Just realized the package actually originated in San Leandro, which looks to be an Oakland 'burb. Still slow going, though. :(

Edited by Aggie87

...then again, someone else appears to have been "mixed up" about the Evans 'Manne-Hole' disc ---- turns out it is the K2. :cool:

I keep kicking myself for not picking up the Evans/Manne Hole disc with my old pal/teacher Chuck Isreals. Oh well, not like it's terribly scarce. But if someone ends up with an extra...

I'm now reading nearly 30 pages of Us american folks being able to buy-out Concord records and feel sad not being able to get those K2's ...but here's my deadly revenge:

2001 has the 12 CD complete Mingus Debut recording in stock and on sale for unbeatable 30€ ! :g

So after pressing the prder now button.. I can now be very relaxed when reading all the good stuff you got...

Cheers, Oliver

With your "smilie" I am not sure that you were serious about this, or not. If this is a serious offer by 2001, how can I find it online? I tried to find it, but without success ... Do you have an item number?

In the meantime, like most of us, I am awaiting my two orders from Concord ...

you need to enter the following article code 502925 into the "Bestellzettel" to get it... my order is already confirmed.

They also have added some quite nice OJC (Tjader, Manne, Golson, Mraz) that I order alongside. You can only find those via CD->JAzz-> list them all, sorted by price or Artist. They are right now not found when entering the appropriate string into the Search box

Hope that helps...

Cheers, Oliver

Danke Oliver. I just placed the order .. I had an E24,00 credit with them, and this is one of those items that I would not necessarily have sprung for a full price ... I do have the 4-CD Debut Records Story set .. but having the complete albums will provide greater satisfaction. This item seems to be "hidden" as without the number you so kindly provided I could not call it up...

Garth.

Thank you for letting me know of this box set.I will order it today or tomorrow! The price is once again unbeatable!

It's too bad that zwei... has some items "hidden" which cannot be found with search engine.

I keep kicking myself for not picking up the Evans/Manne Hole disc with my old pal/teacher Chuck Isreals. Oh well, not like it's terribly scarce. But if someone ends up with an extra...

this one appeared in the 2,99 corner of 2001 (saw it first yesterday, I think):

Israels, Chuck

HANNOVER PHILHARMONIC PLAYS MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY CHUCK ISRAELS

Nardis explorations, Monkworks, Reflections on Shanandoah, Dark tapestry, Lover man, Great stream variations) Mit Ack van Rooyen/Flügelhorn, Thomas Clausen/Klavier, Radio Philharmonie Hannover des NDR/Chuck Israels. mood. Nur bei uns. CD 2,99 €. Nr. 599053.

maybe you fell better after ordering it...

Still no shipping confirmation for my order (#5577) of 90 CDs placed on 7/12. Do you think that they're sending out the "free shipping" orders last? Anyway, irritating...

I think they're only shipping them out to the people who call them :P

Still no shipping confirmation for my order (#5577) of 90 CDs placed on 7/12. Do you think that they're sending out the "free shipping" orders last? Anyway, irritating...

I think they're only shipping them out to the people who call them :P

I've called, I've called! Status: "At the warehouse." Maybe they didn't like the edge in my voice.

That's strange. My 2 orders, 56XX (7/13) and 57XX (7/14), have received shipping notices. The first one yesterday and the second one today. The first one had free shipping and the second one did not. You should definitely call them again, as your order should have shipped by now.

Also, for some reason, my shipping notices list a different order number than the original order numbers. The shipping notices list order numbers of 12XXX. Anyway, glad mine are on the way at least.

Their customer service line is the worst. It's like those David Spade credit card commercials. Robotic wooden voices saying "no" or "I don't know" to everything.

I had exactly the opposite experience ---- only called one time to make sure that the credit card # was a go and had a very pleasant conversation with the guy....chatted about the 'news' of the sale making the rounds on the various bulletin boards....even spelled out for him some of the links to a few of these boards so that they might possibly check in. He was appreciative and quite friendly. So watch it and don't say anything to piss them off -- they're watching!! :ph34r::P I told 'em Nessa was the bad apple to keep an eye on. :cool: