Amsterdam?

Hey fellow members,

We'll be flying into Amsterdam Wednesday morning, about 9am local time. We have a 12 hour layover and don't fly out until 9pm that night to Israel.

We're planning on hanging out and checking out Amsterdam ourselves, but if any forum members want to hang, let us know! We leave tomorrow at 7pm (about 20 hours from now).

We're excited to visit The Netherlands, if only for a few hours!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you end up wandering around, I'd HIGHLY recommend a stop at the Anne Frank House. It's something that will stay with you for a long time. You can actually walk through the rooms in which Anne and the others hid from the Nazis, up until her capture.

Anne Frank House

If you're interested in museums, there are a couple of world class museums in the city. The Rijksmuseum , and the Van Gogh Museum are both good.

Or alternately, if Randy's in charge :P , you can head over to the Heineken Experience, which is a fun, interactive museum in the former Heineken brewery.

Finally, the red light district is world famous in itself, and is worth a visit just to say you've seen it. Be careful of the "coffee shops" too! :cool:

edited to fix bad link

Edited by Aggie87

If you end up wandering around, I'd HIGHLY recommend a stop at the Anne Frank House. It's something that will stay with you for a long time. You can actually walk through the rooms in which Anne and the others hid from the Nazis, up until her capture.

Anne Frank House

If you're interested in museums, there are a couple of world class museums in the city. The Rijksmuseum , and the Van Gogh Museum are both good.

Or alternately, if Randy's in charge :P , you can head over to the Heineken Experience, which is a fun, interactive museum in the former Heineken brewery.

Finally, the red light district is world famous in itself, and is worth a visit just to say you've seen it. Be careful of the "coffee shops" too! :cool:

The Rijksmuseum is only partially open (see their website).

Edited by J.A.W.

having never been there, but I'd go to the Van Gogh! (after a quick pop at a tea house) :eye::eye:

true for all art I gather but his can only really and truly be appreciated from seeing that paint in all it's perfectly crazed gooeyness!! how wonderful to be able to take that in and juice that creativity ya'll have.

Definitely. The last gig we did was at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and I was very inspired by the surrounds.

having never been there, but I'd go to the Van Gogh! (after a quick pop at a tea house) :eye::eye:

true for all art I gather but his can only really and truly be appreciated from seeing that paint in all it's perfectly crazed gooeyness!! how wonderful to be able to take that in and juice that creativity ya'll have.

Definitely. The last gig we did was at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and I was very inspired by the surrounds.

Joe spent most of his time in a Japanese Tea Ceremony.. :P

Taste a good herring

young and raw, partly self-digested in its own pancreatic slime.

yum!

Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and traditionally in the south of the Netherlands this means: stop partaying (carnival) and sober up. Nothing better than raw herring for that job!

in spite of all the goriness, this "haring" tastes really good.

wk-24_Ze_zijn_er_nu_echt_de_Hollandse_Nieuwe.jpg

Taste a good herring

young and raw, partly self-digested in its own pancreatic slime.

yum!

Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and traditionally in the south of the Netherlands this means: stop partaying (carnival) and sober up. Nothing better than raw herring for that job!

in spite of all the goriness, this "haring" tastes really good.

wk-24_Ze_zijn_er_nu_echt_de_Hollandse_Nieuwe.jpg

Those Dutch girls look pretty tasty! :excited:

We're in the Schipol Airport right now. We headed downtown for a bit today and saw some Dutch girls with the fish. I didn't have the stomach to try it.

I wish we could've seen more, but we are majorly jet-lagged. We're waiting for our flight to Israel now (have about 2 hours to go). I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bed.

What we saw of Amsterdam was beautiful. I want to come back in the spring/summer for a week with the family.