BFT #56 signup-Now with linky-dinks as of 3-22

BERIGAN

Err...I mean, it WILL rock your jazz world!!! Or not! ^_^ Aw, come on, sign up! Sign up if you like old jazz, and want to (perhaps) hear some stuff you never have heard before. Sign up if you like Albert Ayler, but don't know much old jazz, or claim not to like pre bop jazz. Jazz really doesn't have to be backwards compatible, if that makes sense.....

PM me with your mailing address if you would like to participate. Or even if you don't. :crazy:

Oh, and there will be blood. I mean Berigan. Only 1 or 2 tracks though.

UPDATED INFO as of 3-22! I'm totally ripping off what Big Al did on his BFT, editing the first post over and over . Seems to make sense, as long as people aren't dumb like me, and just check out the last page of a thread.

Here are the names of folks who can/want to download it....And to think I was worried no one would sign up! :)

Dan

JSngry

Alex

Big Al

King Ubu

Tom Storer

Spontooneous

Rosco

Thom Keith

RDK

Bill Barton

Jams-Runt

mikeweil

Bright Moments(A man of the future! ;) )

Not sure of

MG(since I see you did that on Al's, glad to give you cds if you'd rather have 'em)

WorldB3

Know for sure, they want cds.

Van Basten II

rdavenport

Stereojack

Well, King Ubu checked out the links, and except for the very first track on disc 2 that had the artist info, the rest of the tracks are clean of offending giveaways! :)

Links to disc 1.

Disc one, part 1

Disc one, part 2

Disc one, part 3

Disc 2...I have to apologize up front, the audio on track 3 is terrible! It's one of my all time favorites, but when I opened the case to the cd it's on, no cd inside! Crap! Well, I remembered that it was on a sampler, so copied that. Sounded "ok" on tiny computer speakers. Then, I played the cd for my Dad on his big honkin' JBL's and yuck!!! Pretty much ruined...oh well.

Disc 2, part 1.

Disc 2, part 2.

Disc 2, part 3

A couple of things King Ubu also pointed out to me...

Then one more thing: you should make sure that everyone knows disc one has 20 tracks and disc two has 27. I unpacked all the files and and then you don't have that info any longer.

Also, hope this isn't a problem...(Again, first time I have really messed with this kind of thing, don't have an Ipod, or mp3 player)

the fact that the files turned out relatively big may have to do with them being WMA files, not MP3s.

I downloaded the first part of disc 1 in about 10 minutes with DSL...I am getting to hate those cats and dogs all over their free access code! :angry:

and a link to a post I made on page 2 with very basic info on rar. files...

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=767120

Edited by BERIGAN

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Berigan not just making swell cd for Berigan! :cool: But, now there is pressure! What if folks like MG don't like it?? Or don't hear anything They haven't already heard a thousand times before??? Best make sure I have the very best of Najee on this cd, not the merely good! :ph34r:

Seriously, I can see how folks like Al end up making it a 2 cd set. I am about 2/3's of the way thru the list of songs...and I am having a a tough time choosing between 3 songs from one cd right now. They are all good, but after listening to them each a 2nd time...I keep changing my mind! And one of my favorite tunes is off a sampler, that doesn't tell you who all is on the track! So, since I know it's on a box, when it comes to answer time, someone can fill in the blanks!

And MG, might I add, that is quite the long address??? I am going to need to get a long envelope just to fit it all! ;)

Edited by BERIGAN

And MG, might I add, that is quite the long address??? I am going to need to get a long envelope just to fit it all! ;)

:D

Just be glad I don't live in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which means "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

MG

• 2 weeks later...

An update here....King Ubu made a valid point a few weeks back about "tags" on tracks giving tunes away, and that some folks actually prefer to download the tracks..... I am still a decidedly 20th century boy....KU has been a big help pointing me in the right direction of how to do all this stuff(And if you want to blame someone for the delays..., blame him! :crazy: ) So, I am close to having resolved all the issues, double checking that all the tags are gone.

I had a question though. Since KU sent me his address, but would rather download it,(and said others have done this in the past) does anyone else feel the same way???

Of course, I have only uploaded one track as practice, so who knows if I will be able to get a whole cd up??? I'm guessing not, but that's the optimist in me talking...

If you can get the download uploaded, I'll do ti that way. Save yourself some $$$ on postage.

same here.

Me three. In fact, here's what Dan wrote when I asked the same thing in my sign-up thread:

I know that yousendit has started being annoying with restrictions on non-paying accounts, so I want to suggest rapidshare.com as an option. You can zip a file and send the link, the only restriction is that non-paying users have to wait a minute or two before they can download. And with only one disc, you won't run into the restrictions on how much you can download in a given time period.

Worked just fine for me!

Hey, I hope it all gets solved in time, Conrad!

I'm not sure why in that one test track the publisher/record label was mentioned, I couldn't find such a field when I checked in the tagging programme we use... weird! But that, after all, wouldn't be such a big issue, on portable devices that field doesn't exist anyway, just for those actually listening on their computer, it might be a possible pointer towards the answer.

Hey, I hope it all gets solved in time, Conrad!

I'm not sure why in that one test track the publisher/record label was mentioned, I couldn't find such a field when I checked in the tagging programme we use... weird! But that, after all, wouldn't be such a big issue, on portable devices that field doesn't exist anyway, just for those actually listening on their computer, it might be a possible pointer towards the answer.

First, have to say, king ubu has been a HUGE help with this, really don't think I could have figured out how to upload it without him, many thanks!!! :tup He gave me info on rapidshare, and rar files....He suggested with compression and other issues to split the archives (Old music can get tinny it appears with all this stuff I don't even begin to understand happening! :crazy: )

So....hope it's not a problem for folks to have them in 3 separate downloads. Wait, make that...6. Did I mention I made 2 discs worth of music???? :blush: Sorry! I don't know why, but after making many painful cuts, (I had it down to about 24 tracks, at 79 minutes) when I went to make a practice disc....it chopped off the last 3 tracks! :angry: WTF???

Then, while trying to figure out all the rapidshare, Rar, tag deleting stuff, I kept thinking of tracks I forgot about, one's that really should have been on the first disc. D'oh!!! What to do??? Go to the trouble of deleting tracks I had already written info on, and risking fouling the order all up? So, with that excuse in hand, I made another disc....so now there is a bonus disc! Lucky for everyone! :rolleyes: Actually, I like 2 even more....and hey, it's free music, right? Funny, when it came to making disc 2, I purposely left some room, so I wouldn't have to make a 3rd disc, but it showed room, so I added a few tracks with no problem!

Ok, part 2. First, thanks for everyone that's willing to download the music! Now, if waiting for 6 downloads(and with free acount there, you have to wait 90 minutes per download) is a bit much, or for those that want the cds, please, let me know! I have already burned a few discs....In the U.S., it's only around a dollar to mail a disc out. And if you are low tech and overseas, I will be glad to mail em out as well.....

Oh, I also wanted to say I really feel bad for never taking a chance on a BFT before!!! And it's funny, cuz I have read with interest folks trying to guess what was on a disc...(You know Sangrey has a good ear when he gets beyond the performer, and is guessing on the studio it was recorded in!)

Several folks here are taking a chance on music they are not that familar with, and I think I always looked at it more as a BFT, than a chance to experience new music. I figured, I would suck at guessing, so why bother??? Lesson learned....and I will participate much more(Much more than never ^_^ ) in the future!

Should I post the links to the downloads now, or wait a few days til I have mailed some discs out???