Super Bowl 44

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints as the sentimental favorite.

The Saints are going to be the most dynamic offense that the Colts will have faced possible the entire year -- certainly in the playoffs. But Peyton Manning can throw the Colts back into any game even if they get down by a couple of TDs. And the Saints defense will be vulnerable there. As long as they can trade punches and come up with some special teams plays, hopefully they'll be right there at the end.

I would so love for the Saints to win. Their first season wasn't until my senior year in high school, so I didn't grow up rooting for them, but I've always kept an eye on them.

But I don't think they have a chance. I'm picking the Colts to win 42-14.

PS - Because the Saints are such a strong sentimental favorite throughout the country, and because the game involves Peyton Manning who is perhaps the best quarterback ever, I think it's possible that the game will have the best television ratings ever, by far. Of course, if it is the blowout I expect, the ratings will fall off as the game progresses.

Edited by GA Russell

It's funny, but this is one rare year where I actually like both teams and haven't figured out which I one I'd like to win. My gut tells me that the Colts' defense is better and the Saints are more likely to turnover the ball, while the Saints also had way too many penalties during their defeat of the Vikings, so I figure the Colts will win by 10. I'm not betting $$$ on the outcome!

Cool, intensely played game. Only one turnover, few penalties. Especially liked Lance Moore's catch of the two-point conversion. Tiny margin between success and failure, and I think it had a big effect on the outcome, practically and emotionally.

I was out of the room for The Who. :ph34r:

Agreed about your fisrt paragraph, would add that the Saints made the big plays on an almost mistake free game.

Happy for the city NO but at the same time have a hard time to be happy for a team that includes Jeremy Shockey.

Regarding The Who, wished i was out of the room, they should stop bringing those geriatric bands who aren't playing a song that has been written the 25 last years. What's next Mike Love and the Beach Boys.