Are there any box bargains currently available?

If anyone's in the market for a new Mosaic, there are dozens listed on ebay right now and nearly all have low starting bids. Some rare ones, too: Lang/Venuti, Phillips/Ventura, the 3 single LP sets, James/Krupa, Jazz Piano Moods, etc. I'm hoping that this will flood the market a bit and I can pick one up for a deal.

link: http://music.shop.ebay.com/Music-/11233/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4845&rt=nc&_nkw=mosaic&_catref=1&_dmpt=Music_CDs&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have yet to receive mine. Ordered Jan. 24th. Hopefully in the next couple days?

Well, if it makes you feel better I think I ordered mine the same day as you and mine hasn't arrived yet either. (In fact, it was your "what the hell, might as well get this for that price" post that made me do the same.)

Same here -- still waiting. I won't start to worry until 30 days from purchase given all of the bad weather and the reports of delays from others on the Board. But I wish it was here already!

After hearing the stories, I'll just bide my time. It sounds like the seller is legit.

It may take as long as 60 or so days. As I posted in the thread about problems with UK deliveries, I recently received a UK order almost two months after it was shipped (or "dispatched," as they say) in early December. In the interim, the same seller had shipped and I had recevied a replacement order, all within the span of 2-3 weeks. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the length of these delays.

Same here -- still waiting. I won't start to worry until 30 days from purchase given all of the bad weather and the reports of delays from others on the Board. But I wish it was here already!

After hearing the stories, I'll just bide my time. It sounds like the seller is legit.

It may take as long as 60 or so days. As I posted in the thread about problems with UK deliveries, I recently received a UK order almost two months after it was shipped (or "dispatched," as they say) in early December. In the interim, the same seller had shipped and I had recevied a replacement order, all within the span of 2-3 weeks. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the length of these delays.

I ordered my Peterson Mosaic on January 27 and got it here in San Francisco on February 7 along with the Carter/Bradford Select mentioned on this site from AMZ Marketplace. So yes, the seller is legit. The set was minty fresh and sealed and comes in a box with a blue Royal Mail sticker. I had to pay the increased shipping cost and am not a huge fan of OP, but at that price, it's still a deal.

Edited by trane_fanatic

I ordered the OP box on January, 25. UK to The Netherlands is mostley a week or so. But so far no OP box for me. :(

Sellar gave me positive feedback though. :)

Today I Sent Filmzone1 a mail asking were it is.

Best transatlantic shipping ever: 4 days by Mosaic. Once I ordered a set Tuesday got it Saturday.

Edited by Stompy Jones

I'm surprised that you'd have to pay the increased shipping costs. I assume when you purchased it the seller charged 7GBP for shipping. Now it's 12GBP. But if an order was placed and accepted at the previous 7 GBP, then that's the deal.

Yea, it went up to 12GBP by the time I ordered. These things always happen to me. :(

I'm not worried about when I will be getting the OP box. I only ordered it because it was a good deal. I've got plenty of other stuff to listen to anyways, there's no rush. I don't expect it to arrive any particular day so when it does arrive (whether that be tomorrow or another month from now), it will be a pleasant surprise.

The guy is legit. I'm sure he shipped the box when he said he did. It's just that the international shipping system has gone haywire recently.

I received my OP set yesterday. I live in northern ohio. It arrived in a shipping envelope and, as a result, had one small dent and one small crease on the bottom edge of the Mosaic box. Otherwise it arrived in great shape. Listening to and enjoying the first cd this morning. Nice variety with ballads that stay close to the song followed by uptempo swingers. So far I much prefer this OP to his later trios. And my wife is enjoying it which is a big plus.