• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, HutchFan said:

R-10249360-1494105123-4957.jpeg.jpg

This Legends of Acid Jazz CD compiles two Prestige LPs originally released in 1969: Don Patterson's Funk You! and Sonny Stitt's Soul Electricity 

Does Stitt play with a Varitone attachment on all tracks? I really don't like the sound of the Varitone, which is why I never picked this up.

Terry Morel "Songs of a Woman in Love" Bethlehem/Solid Records Japan cd

051907241911-cover-zoom.jpg

A Sunday kind of disc. This reminds me of the kind of music my Mom would like me to put on when she had time to relax and read. She was a big Rosemary Clooney fan. This isn't Clooney, but I think she would like it. Ralph Sharon is on piano and Herbie Mann is playing some nice flute accompaniment.

Edited by jazzbo

I think that may have been an auto correct of "Varitone" in Bradd's post. I don't think Stitt plays baritone sax here. From looking at discographies my guess is that this session is all Varitone. My copy of the cd is in storage fifty minutes away so a quick check is not possible.

Edited by jazzbo

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Baritone? Really... I only have Stitt on baritone on those live Roost recordings. I'll have to try and pick this up if it's got Stitt on bari.

39 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

I think that may have been an auto correct of "Varitone" in Bradd's post. I don't think Stitt plays baritone sax here. From looking at discographies my guess is that this session is all Varitone. My copy of the cd is in storage fifty minutes away so a quick check is not possible.

Darn iPad. I changed it once but it changed back. Should have read varitone.