How's the weather?

81 today, not a cloud in the sky.... I hate it, bring on the cold, cloudy weather.

Left Los Angeles on Saturday morn. Figured Alabama would be colder, but tolerable. Well, the high was 27F and the low was 16F. Have to drive overnight to Memphis, where the temps are nearly identical. Watch for ice on the road, BeBop.

More of the white stuff - and it looks set to stay.

A bit of a hair-raising drive back today. Went 'off piste' and began to regret it when I passed several 4x4s who couldn't deal with the ice and at the front of them - a police car stuck in a ditch with the policeman digging himself out.

I made it back ! :excited::party:

We've got off light so far. Snowed for 3 hours yesterday at work but it was pretty wet - just made icy surfaces. Home (19 miles north) had hardly been touched. Very cold, though.

Tomorrow is looking more dangerous! Still got 3 days before the Xmas hols. If it tumbles down we won't see many of the kids in!

Somerset, Devon and bits of Dorset got hit quite bad today. Was stuck on one road for an hour whilst the police cleared a couple of stuck lorries (why those idiots drove up there beats me). And then a white van man guy who didn't like being honked at as a warning tries to pick a fight (jerk). Meanwhile, my diesel tank was hitting reserve. Not the sort of start to the day I wanted.

As mentioned above, it was just as bad on the way back. Fully expect to have to work from home for the first day or so next week. It has its advantages - I can listen to Mosaics whilst I am typing away. :excited:

Edited by sidewinder

One of the good things about a covering of snow is that you can see what has been rooting around the garden during the night, looking at the tracks.

Some two-hoof tracks left all over the place this morning by what can only be a small deer. Literally hundreds of tracks, some right by the house - interspersed with splashes of urine ! :D

Bloody cold here - and my central heating has gone down. Again! I think it's something to do with a pipe that takes off fumes - if it freezes the system shuts down. Last year it came back once a thaw set in.

A great British invention. A central heating system that can't cope with the cold!

We've had none of this week's snow. Interesting how much more coverage it got because London was affected!

However, there are threatening signs for tomorrow.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

The South West got hit very badly yesterday morning. It's stayed frozen through today but they are re-opening the roads and it should be a bit better tomorrow. No more snow forecast here for a few days so we need a thaw ! Tonight's temperatures don't look good though..

A great British invention. A central heating system that can't cope with the cold!

Designed by British Rail?

I stick with my 20 year old ancient gas boiler. Much more reliable than this modern EU-approved rubbish !

Oh Dear!

uk_d2_lg.gif?time=1292954461

key.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Just as well I did my dancing around naked in the garden whilst killing a goat Winter Solstice rituals a bit earlier.

Apologies to the rest of the world for the current weather obsession - but this is what you get when you put up a 'How's the Weather?' thread on a site with Brits.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Oh Dear!

uk_d2_lg.gif?time=1292954461

key.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Just as well I did my dancing around naked in the garden whilst killing a goat Winter Solstice rituals a bit earlier.

Apologies to the rest of the world for the current weather obsession - but this is what you get when you put up a 'How's the Weather?' thread on a site with Brits.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound too smug but all our snow has gone here in Cornwall.

Huddersfield -8 degrees. Been wearing my coat all day in the office today and yesterday - even when I got too warm, I couldn't bring myself to take it off, I felt like I was still partly at home and kept in on. Very cosy. But I didn't then feel the benefit of it when I went out. And I was warned about this when I was a child.

81 today, not a cloud in the sky.... I hate it, bring on the cold, cloudy weather.

Left Los Angeles on Saturday morn. Figured Alabama would be colder, but tolerable. Well, the high was 27F and the low was 16F. Have to drive overnight to Memphis, where the temps are nearly identical. Watch for ice on the road, BeBop.

What a difference a week (or so) makes. Birmingham is warm (50s F) and sunny now.

Edited by BeBop

Weather forecast here was predicting lots of snow in the Neths and Germany at the end of the week with a chance it might touch our south east.

Local forecast has more snow here on Monday. Temperatures are -1 at present (predicted to be at or just around freezing for the foreseeable future, tough -7 on Saturday night!).