Snoop Doggy Dogg

bertrand

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cube would make a good Trane.  Maybe Ice T should play Miles and Ice Cube could play Coltrane!  Then Vanilla Ice could play Bill Evans...

:lol::lol: Word to your mother! Everybody Digs Vanilla Ice!!

Cube probably would be better as Trane than as Miles. Or maybe he should be playing Cannonball Adderley?

e17989ju38h.jpg

cubei.jpg

With a little "preparation", Snoop could pass for Sam Rivers, though.

What can any of us say, but that Jim totally hit this nail on the head. Bravo!!! :tup

Well, gee, thanks!

Now somebody should do Forrest Whitaker as Cannonball. He made an unconvincing Bird (physucally and otherwise), but he looks enough like 'Ball to get the job done.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of a talentless hack like Snoop playing Miles makes me want to vomit. It's like Madonna thinking she had the talent to play someone like Frida Kahlo. I wish all these overpaid, overindulged, no talent pop icons would go somewhere and count their money and leave art to artists.

Snoop Dog a talentless hack? I don't think so. Say what you will about him, but he is a true original. The stuff that he laid down with Dr. Dre in the early 90s was something close to a musical revolution. It was new, dynamic, and changed the course of popular music.

Just my opinion. :)

I think Cube would make a good Trane.  Maybe Ice T should play Miles and Ice Cube could play Coltrane!  Then Vanilla Ice could play Bill Evans...

:lol::lol: Word to your mother! Everybody Digs Vanilla Ice!!

Cube probably would be better as Trane than as Miles. Or maybe he should be playing Cannonball Adderley?

e17989ju38h.jpg

cubei.jpg

Second that as Cannon.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea of Snoop as Miles...he's not a talentless hack, first of all, though I don't count myself a big fan. And second, OK, personally he's kind of an idiot, and tiresomely "in the media" 24/7, but all that aside, you never know, it might just work. Whoever plays Miles convincingly would need an attitude, and a certain "outside the mainstream" detachment, as well as the ability to convey the need for fame and the drive to cultivate a mass audience...hmmm...maybe, just maybe. Those things will be far more important than physical resemblance IMHO.

One thing I've discovered is that I would starve to death as a Hollywood casting person...some of the casting decisions that have made me groan the most upon hearing about them ended up working out really well, and vice versa.

Like JSngry, my first thought was Mos Def for Miles.

Think of the scene in Miles' autobiography where he sharing the backseat of a cab with a fried-chicken smacking Charlie Parker and Parker's girlfriend (if you read the book, you know what I mean). I associate Snoop Dogg with Charlie Parker in that equation, and the slightly more reserved Mos Def as the grossed out Miles Davis.

For the record, I consider Snoop to be a decent actor and a hugely talented musician. I'm dumbfounded by some of the neg. comments here. The Chronic and Doggystyle are landmarks. I consider Mos Def to be a decent-ish rapper and a hugely talented actor who has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential.

Edited by J Larsen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...