Jump to content

russes01

Members
  • Posts

    77
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Location
    mpls

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

russes01's Achievements

  1. I saw Brass Fantasy in a Quonset hut down by McCormick Place not too far from the Velvet Lounge along with a bunch of other AACM acts but remember only a couple - also AEoC several times (including First Avenue of all places). Every show was interesting to excellent - the Brass Fantasy show impressed me in a way the records never did - more raw and present - less cute. Roscoe - the only time I remember seeing him solo was with Buckner and Oshita and I skipped game 6 of the World Series game for the show - which I did not enjoy - but I caught Hrbek’s winning HR at a friends after the show. Everything balances out somehow.
  2. I was playing Zo and DNA this weekend. Really wonderful sessions.
  3. russes01

    Billy Harper

    My wife on seeing him at @70 (when I was @53) “Look at the guns on him. You were never in that shape!”
  4. russes01

    Billy Harper

    I once saw a college jazz contest 2 LP set with one side by Harper - maybe at Notre Dame? Played Capra Black in maybe 64… should dropped the 200 they were asking.
  5. Will take the Kenton Presents and Hemphill Boye box happily
  6. Weighing in very late, but I agree with one of the local Minneapolis music critics who weighed in on Tell Tale Signs that Dylan’s outtakes were better than most bands’ greatest hits.
  7. Are the Pigmeat sides somewhere?
  8. Saw the Broken Shadows band a few years back (Speed, Anderson, King) and Branford was at the table next to me.
  9. If you were friends you are again now that his account is restored. At least that is my experience.
  10. I have three of these stacked in the basement and full. If not for the 3,000 mile round trip I’d be all over this… they are ugly but super efficient storage.
  11. I have maybe 15,000 LPs and I still buy them - just like I have since the 1970’s. Having most of what can be found in the wild - I have started buying 78’s….
  12. Sadly I was away on vacation and not here - but would be interested in Django if still avail…
  13. Saw her hers in MPLS about 5 years ago and missed her by one day in NYC with Sheila cause I put it on the wrong day in my calendar (back when you had to keep one).
×
×
  • Create New...