What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

I love that Lacy record and also have it on a nice Japanese press.

I've got an Esquire of that one somewhere in the racks. Time for a search !

Sounds like someone needs a cataloger/organizer. I'll volunteer!

:D Other than Blue Notes, Prestige, British stuff and Mosaics, everything else is pseudo-random..

Edited by sidewinder

• Replies 55.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that Lacy record and also have it on a nice Japanese press.

I've got an Esquire of that one somewhere in the racks. Time for a search !

Sounds like someone needs a cataloger/organizer. I'll volunteer!

:D Other than Blue Notes, Prestige, British stuff and Mosaics, everything else is pseudo-random..

That's just like mine. Mostly it works.

Just finished - Richie Kamuca - Richard Kamuca Quartet 1976 (Jazzz)

1278085191_jazzz_cover_sm.jpg

Now playing: The Jazztet And John Lewis - Featuring Art Farmer And Benny Golson (Argo)

254803.jpg

EDIT: The cover above is correct. They printed it in black & white, which caused the two 'J's and the 's' to disappear. Pretty ugly.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Just finished - Richie Kamuca - Richard Kamuca Quartet 1976 (Jazzz)

Now playing: The Jazztet And John Lewis - Featuring Art Farmer And Benny Golson (Argo)

254803.jpg

EDIT: The cover above is correct. They printed it in black & white, which caused the two 'J's and the 's' to disappear. Pretty ugly.

I've got a 'Big City Sounds' Cadet pressing like that. They were pretty ubiquitous in the late 1970s deletion racks, even over here. The Art Farmer 'Art' is one big splodge of grey.

Edited by sidewinder

278248.jpg

now this is a reissue i like: a new wolff color photo for the lp cover, it looks great! reminds me of that one mobe photo in the yellow shirt, same sort of lighting. now SUNSET should of put -that-, on a mobley Sunset cover. Mobley never got one. Lee Morgan did. "All The Way" (Candy). although morgan was not on that- they had one of those liberty cheescake photos, like a rejected sandy nelson cover. this lp is stanleys LOOK OUT session in stereo

i should add if i had 5 rvg originals right now, id prob. pick this copy hands down, it might be a liberty recut and much more fragile vinyl than the rvg, but it absolutely sounds demo quality-

Edited by chewy

278248.jpg

now this is a reissue i like: a new wolff color photo for the lp cover, it looks great! reminds me of that one mobe photo in the yellow shirt, same sort of lighting. now SUNSET should of put -that-, on a mobley Sunset cover. Mobley never got one. Lee Morgan did. "All The Way" (Candy). although morgan was not on that- they had one of those liberty cheescake photos, like a rejected sandy nelson cover. this lp is stanleys LOOK OUT session in stereo

i should add if i had 5 rvg originals right now, id prob. pick this copy hands down, it might be a liberty recut and much more fragile vinyl than the rvg, but it absolutely sounds demo quality-

Reissue of Blue Note 4039.

Really a great album, IMHO.