• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miles Davis "kind of blue" (Columbia USA 6-eye stereo)

I also have a 6-eye mono, a Canadian 6-eye stereo, a Japanese Sony issue, the anniversary box set, the Columbia legacy CD, and the SACD of this title. A bit crazy but it's not that bad of an album ;)

But do you have the UK or French Fontanas, the Dutch Philips or the UK orange label? :crazy:

Haha...

continuing this afternoon's theme....

skidmo_alan_sos%257E%257E%257E%257E%257E

On of my favourite records. And I still only own it on vinyl (though it has been CD-r-ised...and mp3'd)!!!!!!!

Yes, I have that one on CD too, and it is a good one. It seems to have got some circulation here on vinyl, but the other ones that MJAZZG posted - just don't see them. Just wondering if this is fairly common fare in UK.

They were all reissued on CD in the last few years by Dutton.

http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/products.asp?cat=377&pg=3

Sorry - you're talking LPs aren't you, rather than availability of the recordings!

Don't miss this little beauty either:

51AJQs6LvLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Two CDs of live/radio music.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

continuing this afternoon's theme....

skidmo_alan_sos~~~~~~_101b.jpg

On of my favourite records. And I still only own it on vinyl (though it has been CD-r-ised...and mp3'd)!!!!!!!

Yes, I have that one on CD too, and it is a good one. It seems to have got some circulation here on vinyl, but the other ones that MJAZZG posted - just don't see them. Just wondering if this is fairly common fare in UK.

I've not stumbled across SOS or the Skidmore in 10 yrs of vinyl collecting. Other Ogun vinyls have set me back around £15-20 and crop up occasionally. I'd imagine that a Deram such as the Skidmore would be altogether pricier and very uncommon ( at least in Scotland!)

I've not stumbled across SOS or the Skidmore in 10 yrs of vinyl collecting. Other Ogun vinyls have set me back around £15-20 and crop up occasionally. I'd imagine that a Deram such as the Skidmore would be altogether pricier and very uncommon ( at least in Scotland!)

OK, thanks. Apparently home ground offers no advantages-- unless MJAZZG has a different take on it. I suspect many go to EBAY and end up far from home.

Now for something a bit different:

borbetomagus.jpg

L'ATLAS DES GALAXIES ETRANGES - Live at The Shot Gun Gallery in Strasbourg, France1993. Non Mi Place Records

Borbetomagus - Jim Sauter (sax), Don Dietrich (sax), Donald Miller (electric guitar).

Borbetomagus phenomenon: First 30 seconds all-out aural assault. One is knocked for loop. Neighbors may already be banging on door, ceiling, floor. Next ten minutes, feel like caught in machine works. Neighbors definitely banging away. 10+ minutes in, starting to make sense. Ideas and motifs rise and fall, like creatures in Sargasso Sea. 15+ minutes- an addictive sensation takes over, you need this sound (no longer noise) YMMV.

Edited by Leeway

I agrees with other comments that the SOS is more available than the Skidmores. The Ebay prices for the Skidmores are crazy (hundreds £ in some cases) and I never thought I'd own the LPs but got lucky with ex-library copies (two of the Once Upon a Time) in nice enough condition

OK, thanks. Apparently home ground offers no advantages-- unless MJAZZG has a different take on it. I suspect many go to EBAY and end up far from home.

I agrees with other comments that the SOS is more available than the Skidmores. The Ebay prices for the Skidmores are crazy (hundreds £ in some cases) and I never thought I'd own the LPs but got lucky with ex-library copies (two of the Once Upon a Time) in nice enough condition

Two ex-library copies of 'Once Upon A Time'. There's only one word for that. OBSCENE ! :D

Two ex-library copies of 'Once Upon A Time'. There's only one word for that. OBSCENE ! :D

Obscenely lucky, I grant you :w