Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Funny that because until this LP I too hadn't really been grabbed by anything of Liebman's. I came to the Open Sky LPs through Bob Moses.

Have you found anything subsequently that has consolidated the cool and original Liebman view?  I'm thinking I might explore a bit more

May I chip in and recommend "First Visit" (Philips Japan 1973 - with Richie Beirach, Dave Holland and Jack De Johnette)?

If you like Trane and Ali on "Interstellar Space", you should really hear the title track...

2 hours ago, corto maltese said:

May I chip in and recommend "First Visit" (Philips Japan 1973 - with Richie Beirach, Dave Holland and Jack De Johnette)?

If you like Trane and Ali on "Interstellar Space", you should really hear the title track...

This album features also a beautiful performance of "Round Midnight" ....

It astounds me every time I listen to it. I've not owned it for long but I'm sure it's not just novelty. It sounds so fresh and vital. It's one of those few albums I have where I always find it difficult to choose what to play next - often silence is the answer for a while

I have this board to thank for discovering Togashi. Initially a post by Jeffcrom of "Spiritual Nature" then subsequent posts by your good self  and Homefromtheforest have kept the fire stoked