Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51te46GDUFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Gerald Wilson Orchestra - Live and Swinging (Pacific Jazz mono) Pretty great. I had forgotten that there is a Dick Grove chart here - "I Should Care" is arranged by that underrated writer. I wish Anthony Ortega had been given some solo space, but Charles Tolliver, Hadley Caliman, Harold Land and Jack Wilson all get to blow.

Edward Vesala- Heavy Life - Leo Finland -1980 . Great nonet including Stanko, Reggie Workman, James Spaulding, Chico Hamilton, Howard Johnson , Joe Daley . Heavy indeed.

edward-vesala(finland)-heavy-life-20110724111202.jpg

:tup It's that Vesala/Stanko winning team again, Clunky. (your Twet post last week IIRC)

This one's escaped me so far but have fond memories of hearing a mates many years ago

Edward Vesala- Heavy Life - Leo Finland -1980 . Great nonet including Stanko, Reggie Workman, James Spaulding, Chico Hamilton, Howard Johnson , Joe Daley . Heavy indeed.

:tup It's that Vesala/Stanko winning team again, Clunky. (your Twet post last week IIRC)

This one's escaped me so far but have fond memories of hearing a mates many years ago

correct, Twet and this represent the sum total of my Vesala/Stanko holdings. I have Live at Remont on order though :smirk:

correct, Twet and this represent the sum total of my Vesala/Stanko holdings. I have Live at Remont on order though :smirk:

Balladyna on ECM is the only other one that comes to my mind (there's a couple of big bands, one on Vesala's Leo, I think). I didn't realse that Live at Remont was readily available (£80 on discogs at the moment) or have you tracked a rarity?

Balladyna on ECM is the only other one that comes to my mind (there's a couple of big bands, one on Vesala's Leo, I think). I didn't realse that Live at Remont was readily available (£80 on discogs at the moment) or have you tracked a rarity?

Purple Sun, on Calig, is also a nice one.