Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

Let's see what the musicians think about truncating the url, etc.

I will increase the point size and adjust the kerning tonight. Another thing I could do is beef up the font a little bit. There are some heavier options in this family. Also, how large do you think it should be? Width? I have the file at 10 inches wide x 3 inches high. It is nice.

Another concern I have is that the edges of the circle logo are cropped. Can you recreate that?

As for color, do you know the Pantone #'s?

Thanks!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couw, nice job! I think I like the retro logo better than the crossword puzzle thing, just because it is easier to read and a little more "hip." If you think I should bump up the point size of the sub-text, I don't have a problem with that at all. I can send you the actual file at 72 dpi, if you would like to take a look.

My one suggestion though would be to move the "retro" logo down a little bit on the back of the t-shirt. It always looks better at the bottom of the shoulder blade. I'm sure the guy running the press will do it justice.

Let's decide on a design, then talk about actual specs and get the shirts on press! Jim, I don't think anyone hear would mind you guys making a little money on this thing! Sign me up for a medium!

logo moved down the shoulders in the previous post. Myself, I like it better than the crossword puzzle thing as well. the latter would only be suited for the front and even there it looks too cluttered.

I do fear the sub text is too small. The one you posted is just a little under actual size and not easy to read. Maybe a little less text, leave out the "online" and the "/forum" and blow it all up a bit.

How's this

I like that one. And couw's original one, with the url around the circle, for the front.

Looks great!  But the colors are not right... you can use Photoshop color picker thingy on the "big O" that couw posted to find the colors... but I'm sure you know that.

like I did here. My Photoshop pointed me to completely different colours, not from the Pantone series when I clicked these. The C in the Pantone numbers I posted refers to the Solid Coated series (blueish: Pantone Solid Coated 5275C, orange: Pantone Solid Coated 158C, grey: Pantone Solid Coated 649C).

Edited by couw

re: Pantone. I will just eye-drop the circles logo in Photoshop. I'm used to doing everything in Quark (prepress). As you guys probably know, Photoshop colors are always off. Strange considering Pantone is a standardized color palette... I was also using the uncoated palette.

I think the grey t-shirts look really nice, with the circle logo on the pocket. White too, but the orange and lavendar will really pop off the black! All of them will be cool.

Couw, I will PM you to coordinate everything, where to send files, etc.

Thanks for the art direction!