Blindfold Test #14

Nate Dorward

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump. Jeez, just 22 names? I wonder if BFT fatigue's setting in.....

Fatigue? No, but a serious lack of free time the last few weeks...

The BFT has become a favorite part of this forum for me and I was really on the fence about sitting a couple of them out, but I felt that my participation in the last couple of tests was subpar, and that while I enjoyed listening to the discs I wasn't able to concentrate on them enough and contribute to the discussion as much as I would have liked.

So with all due respect to Nate - and the few who come after him - I'm gonna bow out for a couple. I know how much work goes into putting these together, and I don't think it's fair to receive them without being able to give them their proper due...

So with all due respect to Nate - and the few who come after him - I'm gonna bow out for a couple. I know how much work goes into putting these together, and I don't think it's fair to receive them without being able to give them their proper due...

You're missing mine, Ray? Say it ain't so! :huh::ph34r:

What if I mailed yours extra early?

Like, say, tomorrow?

;)

Good LORD...! I just received a mass dump of about 50 private message notifications & personal emails via Organissimo (dating from the past week or so). I take it that whatever was broken is now fixed. Anyway, this explains why some participants were having trouble getting me a message.....

Tooter--thanks for the info--& thanks to Gary (who passed the disc on). Yes, it's been a little hard to tell who's received discs because of the board's hiatus over the weekend. Anyway, when folks have their copies they can drop me a line either by posting on this thread or sending me a PM (or emailing ndorward at sprint dot ca).

Just an update--most of the foreign-destined discs seem to have arrived but the US ones lag behind, & it's particularly aggravating that the ones sent to a couple people who offered to distribute them in their region haven't turned up. So: I'll be in Ohio next week (getting dragged by Jane to Cincinnati for the SABR convention), leaving sometime on Monday. I'll bring some extra CDRs along, packaged up, & mail them within the States to anyone who by Monday morning hasn't received a copy.

While I'm gone I should be able to check in online occasionally but please PM me on Organissimo or failing that write nd_away AT hotmail DOT ca. Don't use my usual email address for the duration of next week as I probably won't be able to consult it while away.

Hey, I think we're nearly there, then: all the "relayed" discs are now in the mail in domestic US mail. (Due to a crossed wire [my fault!] I think two or three people will find a 2nd copy popping out of the mail eventually....oh well.) A few people outside of North America I haven't heard from--Daniel A, tjobbe, deus62, Eloe Omoe--but I hope it won't be too long till their packets turn up.

Anyway, hope people have fun with the disc--some interesting responses so far on the discussion thread.

Hey Nate, Catesta, and Big Al--I just got a second copy of BFT14...thanks to all three of you, but one copy was plenty!

If anyone wants this extra copy at some point, just PM me your address and I'll mail it out.