AAJ

Soul Stream

I read all the comments between you and mister LEMO and it seems like U R an insecure, passive-aggressive, pale faced muppet! :bwallace::bwallace::winky:

That's a very lame attack, by the way. And I take offense that you used my Ben Wallace smiley after such a pitiful attempt.

Don't do it again or I'll sick the Mr. T smiley on your ass!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mnytime

Sheesh Mny!  These, ahem, rather odd posters are drawn to you like flies, no?

Any pointers to those of us who might like to attract an online  :wacko: ?

B)

You've noticed that as well. :D :D :D

I have no real advice on how anyone else can get their own personal stalkers or nut cases. It's just something that happens to some of us for some mysterious unknown reason. It might be an innate talent that some of us have. :g:g:g

I wish you luck in your attempts to get your own personal :wacko:

Edited by Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

I read all the comments between you and mister LEMO and it seems like U R an insecure, passive-aggressive, pale faced muppet!    :bwallace:  :bwallace:  :winky:

That's a very lame attack, by the way. And I take offense that you used my Ben Wallace smiley after such a pitiful attempt.

Don't do it again or I'll sick the Mr. T smiley on your ass!

Yea, if he is going to use the two time defensive player of the year he better bring some "A" game insults. :);)

Of course I really get the feeling that was his "A" game insult. ;)

Edited by Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

Speaking of AAJ. Can anyone else access that BBS? I haven't been able to load anything from the AAJ site for about 4hrs.

I would like see what my other nutcase and potential stalker is doing today. Who he is trying to impose his views on today. ;)

Edited by Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

Is it me or does it seem that this happens a couple times a week? This site on the other hand without the major backing that AAJ has has no such problems, which is another reason I prefer it here.

I have no real advice on how anyone else can get their own personal stalkers or nut cases. It's just something that happens to some of us for some mysterious unknown reason.

:party: theres no mystery about it my L.A. friend.

some people just like to watch thin skinned people like you get all testy and defensive and its like tuning into a soap opera. Party on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party::ph34r:

Guest Mnytime

I have no real advice on how anyone else can get their own personal stalkers or nut cases.  It's just something that happens to some of us for some mysterious unknown reason.

:party: theres no mystery about it my L.A. friend.

some people just like to watch thin skinned people like you get all testy and defensive and its like tuning into a soap opera. Party on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party::ph34r:

Yahoo, my personal nutcase is back. I was starting to think they had revoked his computer privilege.

Though from the way he reacts I would say LeMo (my other personal nutcase) would be the one that can fairly be described as thin skinned.

He is still pouting and throwing tantrums over my saying everything Paul Dunmall releases is not a blessing from above. Never mind my saying Ghostly Thoughts is not in my top 20 HatOLOGY's. How dare I or anyone else for that matter have an opinion different than "Mister" LeMo. :rolleyes: Now if you ask a question that point out a possible mistake you can be sure "Mister" LeMo will spend who knows how long going back through your posts (just like your basic stalker mentality) to find a mistake you might have made as his sole response.

But of course it is I who is the thin skinned one. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

Yahoo, my personal nutcase is back.  I was starting to think they had revoked his computer privilege.

I wouldn't get too excited, Mnytime. This particular "stalker" judging by his English can't be older than 10 years old.

Hey, I am an equal opportunity. ;)

Guest Mnytime

also i have noticed that the "cookie cutter" i use for the new posts will only last for a week or so and then it doesn't work at all for the new posts.

ss1

I have this same problem. I have to keep updating the cookie for new posts once a week.

I think calling AAJ grey might just be a case of perception. I find both boards useful but with very different characters.

This board seems to have a very close group of contributors who go back a long way. Their interests seem to focus on American jazz and, to a lesser extent, the avant garde from across the board. Comments are thoughtful and based on a lot of listening and experience. I suspect one reason for the 'house style' is that the very name of the board makes it less likely for the casual surfer to find it.

AAJ by contrast clearly gets lots of people stumbling on it with various degrees of jazz interest and experience. It is more likely to get the spoiler or not too informed spouting forth. Where it does score is that it has more people with active interests in jazz from Europe. I'd point to some particularly useful threads on UK jazz which have alerted me to sources I did not know existed - and given advance warning of a major reissue programme of 60s UK jazz that seems to be forthcoming.

The 'greyness' is nothing more than discussion of items that are of lesser interest to the majority of people here.

I think its marvellous we've two boards doing a good job. Long may may their contrast continue.

Well said, couw.

Jimmy,

The best thing I did around here was to stop posting in and avoid the political forums. I came here to talk music anyway. I know how you feel being the only jazz lover in your area. A lot of the joy of this music is in sharing it and learning about it for me.

I hope you stick around.

:rsmile:

And Jimmy, if you want a response to the chickenshit you posted, by all means, please come to the political threads also. However, we're housebroken here. We try to keep the political crap on that forum specifically. If that seems a bit too difficult for you, this may not be the place to post...

And Jimmy, if you want a response to the chickenshit you posted, by all means, please come to the political threads also. However, we're housebroken here. We try to keep the political crap on that forum specifically. If that seems a bit too difficult for you, this may not be the place to post...

I second that!

They constantly scream about rights but not once would Mr Christiern defend me. It was like when they screamed about government censorship after 9/11 but when an issue of the newspaper carried a forceful attack on reparations for slavery they burned all the issues on campus. They were so blind to their own hypocrisy.

Jimmy,

I am probably more aligned to your political philosophy than I am to Chris', but what you seem to be overlooking is the fact that you are hastily judging someone based on a few postings. You have to know someone a bit before dismissing them in some kneejerk fashion. Your points against Chris simply don't mean anything because you don't know the man. Chris is passionate about what he believes in, but I have found him to be fair and articulate. It is worth listening to what he has to say.

You made an all too quick judgment of the man, before getting to know him a bit. You are the one acting precipitously and irrationally here. You've got to see people beyond how they may appear on the surface. I suppose this is part of what Chris calls maturity. Think about it.

In the meantime, I join the crowd that continues to welcome you here if you so desire. I personally love the "politics" section and do not get all worked up if someone happens to disagree with me, but you don't have to particpate there if you get all wound up about it. Remember, Chris never attacked you in any way.

Peace! :rsly:

Guest Chaney

We have a politics forum?

:huh:

Whatever it is that goes on between the boys within that forum is a mystery to me... and I'll keep it that way. It's really very easy to stay away from that fray.

Maybe you should do the same, Jimmy?

Jimmy??

Guest Mnytime

As someone like Chris who came to this country from another I have always found one of the best things about this country is that you can say something negative about something you feel is wrong here. In a good part of the rest of the world you would disappear not to be heard from again. I think those of us from another country actually apreciate this country more than those just born here. It's easy to take something for granted when you don't know what other options are out there in comparision. Saying something negative about some aspect of this country doesn't mean we hate this country. It only means we wish it where even better. That it lived up more to it's idea's of it's Founding Fathers. For example the current Patriot's Act and it's follow up are completely against what those that started this country ever wanted to see happen here.

In fact if people don't stand up to their Govt at times you have situations like you had with Germany and the Nazi's. Now that doesn't mean a revolution or warfare but it does mean speaking up when you think something is wrong. Going and voting instead of taking your vote for granted. People think their one vote really wont change much, but if the last election shows anything every vote counts. 50% of the voting population did not even bother to vote. Not that I think Gore would have been any better but when half the voting population doesn't even bother to vote that is pretty sad.

Most people don't even know what is going on around them in this country. Ask anyone what they think is in the Patriot's Act and it's follow up and they won't know exactly. Tell them what is in them and they will all get very angry about it. People in this country need to start caring about their country more. Keeping track of what those in powers are doing and not just taking things for granted.

Edited by Mnytime