Miles Box

BFS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard if the new "Seven Steps" Miles box slated for release next month will be available in the old metal spine format? :blink:

I've asked this very question at least 3 different times on this board since spring and no one answered-either no one knew or they didn't bother to answer. Is it still due on the 28th?

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it's the last one coming out with a metal spine. But I'm writing this in a Starbucks right now (something I've never done before) so I can't check where I read it.

Now that's something I respect! One of the best things about America is Starbucks....

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it's the last one coming out with a metal spine. But I'm writing this in a Starbucks right now (something I've never done before) so I can't check where I read it.

Now that's something I respect! One of the best things about America is Starbucks....

:g

:g

If only they could have stayed out of old Europe! I prefer Italian coffee...

ubu

And if it has that metal spine, it should be the last one, as it's the one that completes the originally planned run of Miles Sony/Columbia boxes.

The Cellar Door is not part of the series, and we still don't know if there is going to be a post-Jack Johnson studio box (I hope there will, but there has been no sign, so far, or at least none reached me).

ubu

This should be a good box. . . but I wish they would bring the Cellar Door material out first! Even though I've heard it all now, I've been psyched about this material since Bob Belden and Michael Cuscuna both started leaking information about it years ago!

171.jpg

This should be a good box. . . but I wish they would bring the Cellar Door material out first! Even though I've heard it all now, I've been psyched about this material since Bob Belden and Michael Cuscuna both started leaking information about it years ago!

I am totally with you Lon ... this should be a great one based on Live-Evil!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Full title: Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings Of MIles Davis: 1963-1964. Initial pressings of SEVEN STEPS are packaged with a deluxe metal spine. Personnel: Miles Davis; Frank Butler, George Coleman , Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Sam Rivers, Tony Williams, Victor Feldman, Wayne Shorter