Hey, didn't you used to be somebody?

I see someone go from Gene Harris Fanatic to Dan Gould or something like that...I remember that one more or less, but others will not stick in my mind....Just that someone used to be JuJu or rries, but I will never remember, and I am one of the younger folks! :wacko:

Think of all the AARP folks! :g

So, can we have a thread here as a before:after kind of thing????

Didn't see me change my handle, did ya? Once Berigan, always Berigan!!!! :wacko:

i was going to remain anonymous, but there's too many good people over here. i always wanted to be kulu se mama, but when i first registered at the bnbb (way back in may of 99), i just used 1/2 of my email address.

i think alot of people feel - this is a new day dawning - might as well go with the flow.

who the hell is jazzbo anyhow? :blink:

Edited by kulu se mama

I used to be Richard M Jones, then I found out that's not cool. Then I became Mr. Walker with the same result. Then I was Clarence Williams, and H C Speir. Don Law, John Hammond, Irving Mills, Herman Lubinsky, Bob Weinstock and Orrin Keepnews were attempted later. I never tried Alfred Lion 'cause I thought people would see through that.

Damn, there's a lot of hate and misunderstanding out there in the real world.

If this message seems ambiguous, I succeeded.

Hmmm. . . I rarely found Dr. Achtung funny!

I'd have to agree.

Actually, even when the "aliases" posted funny stuff, I always thought it in poor taste that they made up another name for themselves. Some boards frown on that practice and I tend to agree. I don't care that someone uses a moniker - hell, that's expected - but they should at least have the courage to post under that name than one they made up just to rib someone else anonymously.

Ray

I found the good Dr Freud's posts amusing and sometimes outright funny. He had a way of appearing at the most opportune time in the course of a thread.

The Red Menace was even better, IMO. Ever check out his interests? Hot Tubbing? Come on - that's good stuff. Wonder if he picked up his Four Freshmen set?

With all the vitriol that was spewn in certain sections of the BNBB I found these two characters providing a little light hearted relief.

I used to be Selim ,

you know Selim the guy who used to pop up in the miles threads , asked loads of questions that nobody answered & had an uncanny knack of kiliing a thread stone dead .

Well any way there was a guy on the Blue Note site called selim on there and that was me .

I used to be Selim ,

you know Selim the guy who used to pop up in the miles threads , asked loads of questions that nobody answered & had an uncanny knack of kiliing a thread stone dead .

Well any way there was a guy on the Blue Note site called selim on there and that was me .

Gary, didn't you start/steer a few Miles Electric threads way back when? I seem to remember those being very informative and enteraining!

Gary, didn't you start/steer a few Miles Electric threads way back when? I seem to remember those being very informative and enteraining!

YEAH ! that was me , thanks .

& no doubt next time i hear a bit of release date news i'll be beside myself with excitement & i'll start another one.

• 1 year later...