Hank Mobley Mosaic set for trade

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A man walks into a bar.

"Howdy, fellas. Want to buy a new Rolex?," he asks.

"A bit brash, aren't you?" says the bartender.

"F*ck you all!" says the man and exits.

It was more like:

A man walks into a bar.

"Howdy, fellas. Want to buy a new Rolex?," he asks.

"Fellas? I aint your fella... and I dont see any of your fellas in here, so get the fuck out." says the bartender.

"F*ck you bartender!" says the man and exits.

And I discovered this place because I lurked at the AAJ forum and saw there was another place called organissimo. The difference between this place and AAJ is that in here I have 4 pages of responses with some nice Welcomes. There I have no responses.

If I knew I had to say hello before posting in the trade forum I wouldve done that. This is the first time I get shit for doing that. I thought only people that were interested in either trading or buying would read this forum, specially if I specifically stated "Hank Mobley Mosaic set for trade". If you dont like Hank Mobley, then dont read the damn post.

Offer still stands btw :bwallace:

Sounds good to me. All I thought I was doing was expressing a personal opinion. I do not claim any "power" beyond that.

I do feel Mr Mingus was "over the top" with his response, much like the name he copped.

My personal taste says it is bad form to make a "first entry" into an "aesthetic" cyber community as a "commercial venture" - sale or trade.

Again, this is/was a personal opinion. Nothing more. I do not understand the response.

Please tell us why you didn't bother to say hello and introduce yourself. If you had spent any time here you'd know this is a "music site" not a "sales site". For me this is your BIG error. You did not know where you were but that didn't stop you. ERROR in my book. Your lack of understanding (available with little effort) was perceived as an insult by me.

Perhaps Chuck was right, maybe not. However, I think what elicited the reaction was how he it said it. But that's just Chuck. However, Mr. Mingus doesn't know Chuck (not that I profess to, just his style). I don't think we would have had 4 pages had Chuck made the above statement originally.

Anyway, although it was a rough introduction, the more members the better and I hope you stick around.

Please tell us why you didn't bother to say hello and introduce yourself.

I thought you wouldn't give a shit who I was or what I did. Ive been a member of boards in the past and usually, when there's a 'sell or trade' section on the forum, it's preciselly for that. The 'introduce yourself' section is for other kind of people, and personally I dont care for those. My hands hurt cause of my carpel tunnel and I almost always try to get to the point as quickly as possible.

I guess there goes any chance I had in trading the Mobley set. Perhaps next time I will introduce myself and post a few messages before I announce that Im interested in trading something. Perhaps it was bad form to make a "first entry" into an "aesthetic" cyber community as a "commercial venture".

Now Chuck, please tell me why you had to write that I wasn't your brother and that you didn't see any of my brothers in here. Dont you feel as if we are all brothers? Perhaps thats why your country is so divided and confused, re-electing a President like Mr. Bush.

Edited by Mr Mingus

Now Chuck, please tell me why you had to write that I wasn't your brother and that you didn't see any of my brothers in here. Dont you feel as if we are all brothers? Perhaps thats why your country is so divided and confused, re-electing a President like Mr. Bush.

When you have not been "introduced" I find the your introduction the same as a street vendor approaching and addressing me as "friend".

Why drag politics into this?

I thought you wouldn't give a shit who I was or what I did. Ive been a member of boards in the past and usually, when there's a 'sell or trade' section on the forum, it's preciselly for that. The 'introduce yourself' section is for other kind of people, and personally I dont care for those.

Fundamental misunderstanding there, and understandable enough. The various fora here are to keep the various topics organized, not to appeal to different members or types of members. With a few exceptions, most members read and post in lots of different fora. It's a "community", not a "department store". Just so you know. Like I said, an understandable error.

BTW - Chuck's a great guy. Don't let the saltiness fool you into thinking otherwise.

I think people should be forced to buy anything offered by members with 5000 or more posts. With that in mind, I'd now like to offer my copy of The Dukes of Dixieland Featuring Pete Fountain (RCA Victor LPM-2097), a true rarity, for the unheard of low price of $249.99. This beauty was the authentic split jacket, and was played only on my father's monolithic "TRUESOUND 4000" hi fidelity console with the ten pound tone arm.

Postage extra.

I think people should be forced to buy anything offered by members with 5000 or more posts. With that in mind, I'd now like to offer my copy of The Dukes of Dixieland Featuring Pete Fountain (RCA Victor LPM-2097), a true rarity, for the unheard of low price of $249.99. This beauty was the authentic split jacket, and was played only on my father's monolithic "TRUESOUND 4000" hi fidelity console with the ten pound tone arm.

Postage extra.

Actually, the rule is 7700 posts. Aw, shucks you're just under that. Bummer :lol:

The Way It Goes Dept. --

In 2 weeks your 'Pete Fountain & the Dukes of Dixieland' LP will appear as a New Arrival at (Those Bastards) Dusty Groove -- "New Copy, $8.99". This will effectively undercut the demand for your soiled 'Holy Grail' item. (The other customer might still send you a PM with his highest offer. Until then, Junior will have to wait for those new shoes you promised.)

I thought you wouldn't give a shit who I was or what I did. Ive been a member of boards in the past and usually, when there's a 'sell or trade' section on the forum, it's preciselly for that. The 'introduce yourself' section is for other kind of people, and personally I dont care for those.

Fundamental misunderstanding there, and understandable enough. The various fora here are to keep the various topics organized, not to appeal to different members or types of members. With a few exceptions, most members read and post in lots of different fora. It's a "community", not a "department store". Just so you know. Like I said, an understandable error.

the department store is part of the communinity. we have our share of members who use this board basically as a clearing house for their sales.