Terribly sad news about a fellow forum member

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His online persona, which is all I knew of him, was wonderful. Great sense of humor. (that thread above is hilarious! )

And he was probably the best seller I've ever known. Guy must've been goin' to the post office all the friggin' time.

I got so many discs from him it's hard to remember them all.

Thanks for everything grey; you were the best...

My condolences to his family. I'm sure they'll be missing him. He'll certainly be missed around here.

I had been kinda worried... :(

It's like a death in the family. If the site exists long enough, most of us will be mourned eventually.

In a way, that's comforting.

RIP Ken and my sincerest condolances to his family.

i´ve been away for a few days and....

Patricia took the words out of my mouth

thanks Grey for being such a nice guy and a jazz passionate

Marcus

That's dreadful news.  I'd get a kick out of how he'd periodically get all 'fired up' and hit the politics forum for a day or two at BN and this place and then disappear entirely for 60...90 days.  Many a JRVG I picked up from him and in the years to come will most certainly think of him whenever I spin one.    Best wishes to his immediate family.

Yes, I, too, noticed Grey's guerilla-strike pattern in the politics forum... and I had the same thought about playing CDs when I read this news the other day, Weizen--in fact, two of the JRVGs I bought from him were the Jutta Hipps, an artist I hear you have some appreciation for. ^_^

Re: Catesta's earlier comment about board members vanishing, this is something else that I've thought about as well. There was also a simultaneously eerie and touching experience on Jazz Corner a couple of years back, where it was announced that a member was dying... a tribute thread was started... and then I believe the member himself posted. It was a sort of online virtual "farewell."

Edited by ghost of miles

I bought m first JRVG from Ken (Grey), just to be able to say that I had one.

I remember always being disappointed because his initial sales posting would always go up while I was sleeping on the West Coast and your East Coast folks scarved up the goodies at 6-7 AM your time.

My sympathies go out to his family and close friends.....

RIP, Ken!

My Condolences to ElizaBETH, and the rest of his family! :( I never bought anything from him, but I do have a fond memory of something Grey said on a thread I started back on the Bluenote Board. It was are you rich??? Everyone beat around the bush....folks with 10's of thousands of cds could only muster an "I'm comfortable" comment. Grey said something on the line of he was too busy being chauffer driven in his fancy SUV, drinking champane and watching a film to comment right now. :g:tup