The Mocking Shadows.

cooltrane

Just by a show of hands who here has ever been to watch the Mocking Shadows.

They are a fabulous calgary band, who have been around for about 7 years.

I understand they play different stuff then you, me and others might be use to listning to.

The mocking shadows play allot of Macey o parker, and James brown.

They take after the Funk aira of jazz, however they are still a fabulous group.

Gareth hughes the saxplayer in the mocking shadows is currently my instructor. I have been studying with him for half a year.

If you guys havn't checked them out yet, I'd highly recomend giving them a listen to.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax.  If you take the time to read the musician's forum, cooltrane took the time to introduce himself to our community.  He's not a troll.

but he does need 7 additional posts to start selling stuff, right? :rhappy:

He's already pushing alto saxophones in the "Overlooked Altos" thread...

Relax. If you take the time to read the musician's forum, cooltrane took the time to introduce himself to our community. He's not a troll.

Well, maybe, but the introductory post was already filled with this kind of stuff:

Currently I'm playing a Selmer Reference 54 tenor, with the matte * antique * finish. I use a SR technologies Pro 115 mouth piece, with a Vandoran Z series 3 Reed.

I find the setup is perfect. It has a brighter uper registry and brilliant altisimo tone, without sacraficing the Dark Mellow lower octave that the Reference 54 is famous for!

Guest Chaney

Awwww... I think it's kinda sweet, Nate administering virtual purple snurples to young cooooltrane.

One of the fastest ways to gain acceptance on this site is to me mildly poked and bounce back with good humor.

W E L C O M E !

c.t.: it's just that when someone logs on & the first thing they do is sing the praises of a brand of saxophone & an obscure band, then it looks kinda fishy. There are oodles of adult publicists who like to pose as teenagers & sign onto jazz boards & post a message: "hey have you heard of xxxx? they're so kewl!! LOL!!!". i.e. spam/covert advertising.

What IS a purple snurple?

I'm not a man trying to get plublicity for people.

I could of just as easilly talked about my idols.

Coltrane, sonny rollins, charlie parker, and ask what you guys think of them.

However I thought it would be interesting to see how far the mocking shadows have made it, and what you guys think of there type of music.

After all I am not a big fan of the funk, and that is not the kind of music I wanto play for a living, Gareth hughes is stilla mentor to me and he is creating an amazing sax player out of myself.

I'm not here to spam the site, just talk about jazz and share insight.

Cooltrane, don't worry about it. People here are over-sensitive to spam... I'm not sure why. We don't get that much of it and when we do it's kinda funny! Everybody is just looking out for each other around here.

Stick around and feel free to post. You can learn a lot here. There are some very heavy cats hanging around.

c.t.: it's just that when someone logs on & the first thing they do is sing the praises of a brand of saxophone & an obscure band, then it looks kinda fishy. There are oodles of adult publicists who like to pose as teenagers & sign onto jazz boards & post a message: "hey have you heard of xxxx? they're so kewl!! LOL!!!". i.e. spam/covert advertising.

but he didn't call us "brothers," that should have clued you in

Guest Chaney

Nurples! Nurples is what I meant to type.

Hmmm... What are snurples...

Of course, after a little Googling:

snurple - Smurf-flavored Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

e.g., Excuse me, miss, do you have any snurples in stock?

:blink:

Nurples! Nurples is what I meant to type.

Hmmm... What are snurples...

Of course, after a little Googling:

snurple - Smurf-flavored Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

e.g., Excuse me, miss, do you have any snurples in stock?

:blink:

:blink: indeed...

:g