Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've ordered nothing from BMG since yourmusic started- the lack of shipping charges makes such a big difference. But the selection, including new arrivals, seems to be identical (others have disputed that here, but I don't see any difference)

• 2 weeks later...

good news / bad news.

the 9 cd's that shipped on 4/4 still have not arrived, but the 9 cd's that i ordered 2 days ago arrived today.

that tells me that the 1st batch is definitely lost.

unforunately yourmusic.com will not do a thing for 30 days.

on a releated note - the first batch of verve lrp's are set to go out of print next month.

luckily yourmusic.com seems to stock most of the titles.

i just received the oscar peterson, astrud gilberto, dizzy gillespie, and 1 other one.

they are all idenitical to the one's in any store.

Okay, I've had Berimbaum for about 18 hours now. . .

morel_berimbaum.jpg

Man I dig this!

Definitely a tastefully done fusion of the contemporary with the classic. The result is one of those rare albums that frees itself from the cliches of the genre, even though it uses them, presenting them in a new light.

Paula sings beautifully. There are some devestatingly good use of low horns, drum machines, synth sounds, and sampled guitars etc. Some parts sound like Laswell dub-productiong (which is meant as a compliment). Some sound like nothing else quite that I've heard. The sonics and the mix are just great.

Fun fun music and I'm going to be enjoying and recommending this for some time!

this album stinks. don't buy it!

I placed a large order (20+ discs) with yourmusic about 3 weeks ago and supposedly all of the items shipped on the same day a couple days after placing the order. I received one item (the Jack Johnson box) a week ago, but still haven't received any of the other items. Has anyone else experienced a big delay between receiving seperate items that were supposedly shipped together?

How was your order shipped? Was it a single package or 20 individual mailings?

In light of the recent news of a price increase I was thinking of placing a large order. However, I don't really want to do that if it means I will have a pile of boxes on my porch.

(Actually, I would like that. I wouldn't like having to explain it to what would soon be my ex though).

I finally got the cds about a week and a half ago, all in one huge box. It was quite an ordeal.

I ordered over twenty cds on the initial order. They supposedly all shipped on the same day. Within a week I had the first, and most expensive item from the order, but four weeks later I still didn't have any of the other items. At this point I contacted them to let them know that the order was lost, but they didn't agree and asked that I wait another "couple of weeks". After some back and forth bickering, they finally agreed to ship the missing items. Again, I received only the first (and again, most expensive) item from the order almost immediately, while the others didn't show up. After some more back and forth, they overnighted a huge box with everything else.

It's all small orders from here on out.

Okay jazzhound, once again have to differ in opinion with you. That is a great album (in my opinion!)

there are some nice ballads at the end but the synthesized bass and crappy electronic percussion ruins it for me. I actually got quisey :tdown from a few tracks. Rather listen to old Airto albums. 100 x better. Flora 1000 x better.

I don't know if there is any other type!

I don't know what yourmusic.com is shipping, but I've only ever seen the metal spine edition. Have they released another so soon?

I was under the impression that the SEVEN STEPS box was released w/o the metal spine, that that type of packaging had been discontinued on any further boxes from henceforth. That was the offical word last year wasn't it? Apparently somebody changed their mind!

I've not yet looked at the set, but if it is indeed metal spine, I might as well get it now. A silly fetish, to be sure, but hey...

All are metal spines still, including from yourmusic.

Usually they dont change the spines for a year or so after release.

Thanks - that's what I wanted to hear. And yes, Jsangry, 'tis a fetish I share. I have a couple of other metal spine sets from that series of releases, and like the consistency as well as the packaging.

:rolleyes: