Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

I'm starting to wonder if BMG isn't going under. It seems as though yourmusic.com was a nice offshoot, a clearinghouse disguised as a lower-priced alternative to their "official" record club. I mean, there’s hardly anything “new” to speak of, just the usual smooth crap, lounge-type singers, and the occasional comps. And it’s been like this for the last five months! This ain’t a dry spell; this is a company that’s about to close its doors!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to wonder if BMG isn't going under. It seems as though yourmusic.com was a nice offshoot, a clearinghouse disguised as a lower-priced alternative to their "official" record club. I mean, there’s hardly anything “new” to speak of, just the usual smooth crap, lounge-type singers, and the occasional comps. And it’s been like this for the last five months! This ain’t a dry spell; this is a company that’s about to close its doors!

It seems to be an unusually long dry spell for them.

There are so many CDs that I would love to have [mainly RVGs and Conns] that I don't buy at retail, because I will feel burned when it comes to the club for cheap.

I was thinking about finally pulling the trigger on this thing, but it looks like the Seven Steps box isn't listed on yourmusic anymore?!?!

Do a "Miles Davis" search and it shows up.

Funny, this morning my queue had been completely emptied but right now all 9 titles are back.

The customer service folks replied to my query/complaint about the queues with the news that they were experiencing "technical problems," and hoped to have it fixed soon.

Yup, and they did. :tup

Edited by gdogus

Anyone know offhand what Conn's are available through yourmusic?

I have Fuschia Swing Song and Dance With Death.

Any others i should get?

About a week ago I received an email about Jack Wilson's Easterly Winds. It is no longer available. A Conn I just received, however, is Donald Byrd's Byrd in Flight.

I just received a recent order from yourmusic, one disc of which is Jason Moran's latest. The packaging has the typical BMG marking on the back, but the disc itself is labeled as a promo :wacko:

Anybody else order this title from yourmusic/BMG, and if so, have the same experience? I guess for one of my final $4.99 selections, I don't care too much, just thought it was a little odd...

I just received a recent order from yourmusic, one disc of which is Jason Moran's latest. The packaging has the typical BMG marking on the back, but the disc itself is labeled as a promo :wacko:

Anybody else order this title from yourmusic/BMG, and if so, have the same experience? I guess for one of my final $4.99 selections, I don't care too much, just thought it was a little odd...

I received an email yesterday from them saying that Same Mother is no longer available.

I wonder if your receiving a promo copy of it had anything to do with this. Maybe all of their stock was promos, so they shipped them back to Blue Note.

Same Mother was available for only a couple of weeks, so I can't believe that they sold out that quickly.

I recently received notices that all three of the following are "no longer available and have been removed from your Music Queue":

Ornette Coleman: At The "Golden Circle" Stockholm, Vol. Two

Thelonious Monk: Genius Of Modern Music, Vol. 2

Stefon Harris & Blackout: Evolution

However, I just received "Wayne Shorter: Jug Jug (Remastered)"! :lol:

Edited by Uncle Skid

I just received a recent order from yourmusic, one disc of which is Jason Moran's latest.  The packaging has the typical BMG marking on the back, but the disc itself is labeled as a promo  :wacko:

Anybody else order this title from yourmusic/BMG, and if so, have the same experience?  I guess for one of my final $4.99 selections, I don't care too much, just thought it was a little odd...

I received an email yesterday from them saying that Same Mother is no longer available.

I wonder if your receiving a promo copy of it had anything to do with this. Maybe all of their stock was promos, so they shipped them back to Blue Note.

Same Mother was available for only a couple of weeks, so I can't believe that they sold out that quickly.

I see that my recent BMG order has shipped complete, and I did order Same Mother.

Well, I went ahead and ordered Seven Steps from yourmusic. $41.93 total (free shipping).

A great deal, for sure.

But it better have the goddamn metal spine!!

:rmad:

Shipment arrived yesterday, metal spine and all. But damn, that spine is shiny. Remind me never to use this box as a bludgeon - the CSI folks would have no problem lifting a perfect set of prints from this sucker.

Oh, also got the first item from my queue, in honor of our friend here:

c470744wma0.jpg

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Free for All (Blue Note, 1964; RVG)

Okay, about time!! New at yourmusic.com:

Tina Brooks - True Blue

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul

Hank Mobley - High Voltage

Johnny Coles - Little Johnny C

Art Blakey - A Night in Tunisia

Blue Note Perfect Takes (w/the dvd and still only $5.99)

edit - sorry to steal your thunder, Chuck!! ^_^

Edited by Aggie87