Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

The only pattern I've noticed is that the box sets don't have any BMG markings. But, since my sample size is only two (Miles/Seven Steps and Coltrane/Heavyweight Champion), I wouldn't be surprised if there are exceptions to that rule.

Of the three RVGs I've purchased from them, two of them had "Mfg. for BMG Direct" on the back. The one that didn't was a more recent RVG -- Wayne Shorter "Night Dreamer".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the Fantasy 20-bit K2's they carry typically come without the superfluous outer cardboard sleeve, and SOME of the Verve Master Editions come with a regular jewel case instead of the digipack. Personally, I wouldn't--and don't--give it a second thought (especially at $5.99 per CD), and can't understand why anyone would (perhaps in a misguided analogizing to the difference between, e.g., first edition books and book club editions?).

Of the three RVGs I've purchased from them, two of them had "Mfg. for BMG Direct" on the back.  The one that didn't was a more recent RVG -- Wayne Shorter "Night Dreamer".

Are you sure you purchased Night Dreamer from either yourmusic.com or BMG? I don't believe they've ever offered the RVG version of this, perhaps not the previous edition as well. It's not on their website at present at any rate.

Edited by Aggie87

Are you sure you purchased Night Dreamer from either yourmusic.com or BMG?  I don't believe they've ever offered the RVG version of this, perhaps not the previous addition as well.  It's not on their website at present at any rate.

Oops! It was Ju Ju, not Night Dreamer. That explains why there was no BMG markings on that one! Sorry about that.

Incidentally, I got that one (Ju Ju) for free. When it was first in the queue, I got a message saying it was backordered. They shipped the second item in the queue instead.

I received Ju Ju a couple of days later, so I just assumed that I would be charged another $5.99. No big deal.

Over a week later, I get an email from them saying that it was a mistake (duh), and that they wanted me to send it back. Now it's the next item in my queue, and it's due to ship fairly soon. I write back and ask them to just charge me for it, as it was really silly to ship it back and then receive a 2nd copy a week later.

Well, they said they couldn't do that, so I needed to send it back immediately. I then suggested that they just charge me for the upcoming queue shipment, but keep the CD. They couldn't handle that, either.

By now, I was getting a little frustrated, so I gave up. I wrote back and told them I was going to ship it back, at their cost. I also informed them that it had already been opened, and that I expected no additional charges for an opened return.

End of long story -- they said just keep it, with their compliments. :tup

This may have been asked before, but why do they put the classical new releases in with the jazz new releases?

'Cause I'm interested in them. This always makes me check out the classical page to see the rest of the new discs. :P

I've suspected for some time now that that site was designed exclusively for Chuck. :rolleyes:

The following are also running low:

Benny Green: Naturally

Ron Carter: Stardust

Geoffrey Keezer: Sublime: Honoring The Music Of Hank Jones

Roy Eldridge & Dizzy Gillespie: Roy & Diz

Carmen McRae: Sarah- Dedicated To You (Remastered)

Bobby Timmons: The Prestige Trio Sessions

I agree, Ron.

I have maintained a long list of items in my BMG cart, for a rainy day. Some items which remain there have since been deleted, such as Horace Silver's Song For My Father. The deletions occurred without warning.

So I agree that putting everything of interest in one's YourMusic queue is the way to go.