Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

I could've sworn that Sony announced last year, in conjuction w/the repackagings of the older sets, that the metal spine format was being terminated for future Miles sets as well. Am I crazy, or was this what they said back then?

I really don't need this set, got almost all the material already (maybe all?), but that metal spine thing is a whole 'nother matter...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B0002YCVSI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

There's no doubt that Seven Steps was released with a metal spine; I just wondered whether that packaging was what yourmusic had in stock. Wasn't sure if Sony had gone to the longbox yet for this set, or if yourmusic had some alternate cheapo packaging, or what.

Thanks for the assurances, folks.

well i've finally received 7 of the 8 missing cd's.

they reshipped 7 on 5/3. and i received them on 5/5.

it's consistently been 2 days shipping, and that's amazing.

that's how i knew something was up with the missing cd's.

unfortunately, when they replaced my order they forgot to include

"night of the cookers," but once i pointed this out, they placed another order.

i've been nothing but happy with yourmusic.com, and it's still a deal at $5.99 with

free shipping.

i plan to place one more big order before the price increase.

Jim, the sound on this set is amazing! It even trounces DSD remastered cds from Sony Japan. AND there are a few items never out before and those added minutes to the Antibes numbers . . . Worth ordering this set from yourmusic.com for sure!

I was one of those people who had to have it right away and paide over 100 . . . . And I'm not complaining because this is one of the best of the box sets.

Y'ain't gettin' the confirmation from me.

I think they just arrived at the point where they had to "reprint" some boxes, did quantity/price calculations and decided the wisest path was a new format for reprintings. They'd have had a firestorm of complaints if they abandoned the metal spines before the series was finished.

Well, I went ahead and ordered Seven Steps from yourmusic. $41.93 total (free shipping).

A great deal, for sure.

But it better have the goddamn metal spine!!

:rmad:

The SEVEN STEPS box I got from yourmusic.com had the metal spine. (No BMG label too) :g

Anybody else having Queue Gremlin problems? I had about 29 items in my queue, and right now a list of only 7 (from various places in the original ist) is showing up. I'm hoping this is a temporary problem--I'd hate to have to reassemble that list again. :wacko:

Edited by Ron S

Yes, I'm having problems, too. I had 3-4 items in my queue, now all gone except for the one about to ship. I just tried adding the missing items again; the process seems to work (I get a message that the item has been added to the queue), but my queue remains empty.

Edit: I just emailed a report on the problem to yourmusic's customer service.

Edited by gdogus

That is odd.  Yesterday afternoon, I ordered six discs, and last night I ordered two more.  Everything was fine then.

Now, I have ZIP in my queue.  Could it have something to do with the subscription changes coming up?

Don't think so--I still have 7 in my queue (down from 29--I plan ahead :g ), and I've always been at the 5.99 rate. It's obviously a glitch. I just hope that everything gets restored. :blink: