Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a copy of the Relaxin' Miles Davis SACD hybrid, and there was a flaw in the disc. I sent them a note saying that the item was defective, and that I would be glad to send them this bum copy, should they provide postage.

I have done this a time or two, and they always say "no need to send us the defect." This time, they said they will be sending me a label to return the item to them.

Have I crossed over into some probationary group? Is this a new policy? :unsure:

I received a copy of the Relaxin' Miles Davis SACD hybrid, and there was a flaw in the disc.  I sent them a note saying that the item was defective, and that I would be glad to send them this bum copy, should they provide postage.

I have done this a time or two, and they always say "no need to send us the defect."  This time, they said they will be sending me a label to return the item to them.

Have I crossed over into some probationary group?  Is this a new policy? :unsure:

They've always sent me a postage-paid return label for any defective disc. But they order the replacement immediately, and don't wait for the return. Once or twice, I've had to send them a reminder email about the return label after a month or two.

Oblique, Time for Tyner, and Boss Horn are ALREADY on Back Order.

I ordered these yesterday-their first day on the YourMusic site.

I'm sure new copies will come in soon-but it shows you how many copies they initially order. :wacko:

Yesterday I ordered all 5 of the new RVGs they listed, and they're all on backorder... <_<

I'm considering joining yourmusic.com and after reading all 33 pages of this thread I have a couple of questions.

Has the availablilty of (jazz) items improved or gotten worse? How about SACD hybrids and K2s?

When the current item in your queue is backordered what happens? Do they ship & charge and you just wait until it comes in or do they move to the next item in your queue?

Have there been any more strange queue item disappearances? Are you notified when items are removed from your queue?

Are there any other issues prospective members should know about?

Thanks!

Edited by mgraham333

Here's my two cents:

I'm considering joining yourmusic.com and after reading all 33 pages of this thread I have a couple of questions. 

Has the availablilty of (jazz) items improved or gotten worse? 

BEEN PRETTY CONSISTENT, I WOULD SAY.

How about SACD hybrids and K2s?

DON'T KNOW

When the current item in your queue is backordered what happens? Do they ship & charge and you just wait until it comes in or do they move to the next item in your queue?

IT HASN'T HAPPENED TO ME, BUT I AM CONFIDENT THAT THEY DO NOT ALLOW A BACKORDERED ITEM TO BE NUMBER ONE IN YOUR QUEUE.

Have their been any more strange queue item disappearances?  Are you notified when items are removed from your queue?

SOMETIMES THEY WARN YOU ON YOUR QUEUE PAGE THAT AN ITEM IS RUNNING LOW.  IT PAYS TO CHECK YOUR QUEUE ONCE A WEEK.

SOMETIMES A CD IS REMOVED FROM YOUR QUEUE WITHOUT WARNING.  IF SO, AN EMAIL IS SENT.

Are there any other issues prospective members should know about?

ONE ITEM WAS LOST IN THE MAIL, AND THEY MADE ME WAIT FOUR WEEKS BEFORE THEY WOULD CONSIDER REPLACING IT.  AFTER FOUR WEEKS, THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE ITEM HAD BEEN RETURNED TO THEM.  THEY OFFERED ME THE CHANCE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER ITEM, BUT I CHOSE THE ORIGINAL, AND RECEIVED IT IN THREE DAYS.

Thanks!

In my experience, if there's a K2 version available, that's usually the version they offer. But not always. You have to try to figure it out from the listing (e.g., if it's the K2 version, it will usually be labeled as "remastered"). Coincidentally, I just received two K2's from them today--"Mulligan Meets Monk" and "Soultrane". Can't beat the price for K2s!

And if I were you, I'd check my queue once a day, if possible. You never know when one of those soon-to-be-unavailable warnings will appear.

I have still yet to have any problems with them. Although, now that Im in PA I have to pay an extra 36 cents per disc. OUTRAGEOUS!

Just got Mother ship today after needing to put it at the top of my queue (which is definite must for any Conn)

GREAT stuff. The Penguin guide gives it a so-so review, but Lee Morgan is Lee Morgan and Larry Young is great.

Also, I was just on BMG and under Freddie Hubbard there was a little check box that said "A New Album by Freddie Hubbard is coming soon, check hear if you want an email when it arrives." Or something like that. Have you guys seen this? I remember doing it for some Dylan cds a few months back. Something to look out for.

Edited by md655321

Just checked a few more and they have the box for Andrew Hill, Jackie Mclean, booker ervin, elmo hope, ike quebec.  No don cherry though.

I can smell those october conn's already!

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21340

I see it on the regular BMG website but not on the yourmusic.com site. They ought to put it on both.

I still have a membership in the regular club, but have ordered only once in the past year...

All this talk of backordering made me panic and order The Great Concert of Charles Mingus, which I was going to hold off on until early December.

Guy

I've made several panic orders in the last few days. :blink: Pared down my queue quite a bit. :rolleyes:

And just made a panic order of Mother Ship to boot since it told me there will not be any copies available by the time the next queue slot ships.

Guy

All this talk of backordering made me panic and order The Great Concert of Charles Mingus, which I was going to hold off on until early December.

Guy

I've made several panic orders in the last few days. :blink: Pared down my queue quite a bit. :rolleyes:

And just made a panic order of Mother Ship to boot since it told me there will not be any copies available by the time the next queue slot ships.

Guy

I can't even get Larry Young to show up in a search. Didn't have it in the queue either.

Guy

Guy

I can't even get Larry Young to show up in a search. Didn't have it in the queue either.

He was there this morning! Looks like he's now gone. Same thing happened last week with "Mingus, Mingus . . . ." The warning appeared above my queue that it wouldn't be available on the scheduled ship date (later this month), and then it was gone the same day. :angry:

Several new items today:

Gerry Mulligan--Jeru

Ahmad Jamal--The Legendary Okeh and Epic Recordings

Woody Shaw--Stepping Stones: Live At The Village Vanguard

Bob Brookmeyer--Bob Brookmeyer & Friends

Horace Silver--Silver's Blue

Dexter Gordon--Manhattan Symphonie

Edited by Ron S

Guy

Guy

He was there this morning! Looks like he's now gone. Same thing happened last week with "Mingus, Mingus . . . ." The warning appeared above my queue that it wouldn't be available on the scheduled ship date (later this month), and then it was gone the same day. :angry:

Sigh... the Larry Young got cancelled. Kind of a shame, too, because I ordered Horace Silver's Serenade for a Soul Sister in October (also running low) but would have definitely gotten the Young had I known it would disappear. My main lesson is to order the queue by what you want to have, and let low-priority (or low alldirect-yourmusic price difference) items disappear.

As far as the recent Columbia reissues -- which of these are copy-protected and which aren't?

Guy