Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

Nothing much again:

Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something (dualdisc)

Keren Ann - Nolita (is she another BN Norah?)

Adrian Belew - Side One

Jefferson Airplane - The Essential

Widespread Panic - Live at Myrtle Beach

Michael McDonald - Motown Two

Paul Westerberg - Besterberg/Best of

I'm going to jump on the Belew...maybe the JA, but that's it.

I just ordered it. I was about to order this and Side Two from DGM last weekend but held off for some reason. Glad I did, saving almost $12

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of new ECMs!

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground

Charles Lloyd - Jumping the Creek

by the way...i ordered the Round About Midnight Legacy Edition when I first noticed it... it had been on backorder ever since, and just got cancelled today. Going to re-order it and see if the ol juju works and it comes through this time.

Couple of new ECMs!

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground

Charles Lloyd - Jumping the Creek

by the way...i ordered the Round About Midnight Legacy Edition when I first noticed it... it had been on backorder ever since, and just got cancelled today.  Going to re-order it and see if the ol juju works and it comes through this time.

The Charles LLoyd is a good one-to me the most Coltrane-ish he's sounded on his recent ECM records. I don't know about the Gustavsen one though-any recommendations?

I have and like the Lloyd, as well. He sounds fine, and I like Geri Allen's contributions as well. Well worth the $5.99 for anyone who doesn't own it.

I don't have the Gustaven, and haven't seen any reviews either, but for that price it's already been ordered. :cool:

These guys are killing me.  My MingusX5 was supposed to ship on 9/15, didn't ship until 9/30, and I still haven't received it.  Should I complain?

My latest queue selection (Blue Note Perfect Takes) was also supposed to ship on 9/15. It finally arrived just a few days ago. :rolleyes:

I heard nothing from them until I received an email a week ago, in which they apologized and said it would be shipped "express", right away. Not that it really mattered to me, but it didn't arrive any faster - it was shipped standard US postage, as usual.

I would encourage people to check out the new Raul Midon album, as well. Midon is a blind guitarist/singer who made a big splash when he was coming up at the University of Miami a few years back. I've only heard sound samples, but my guess is that the CD is very, very high-quality pop music.

Okay.  It's been 13 weeks since the first batch of RVGs this summer,  I marked my calendar.

Where the hell are they?!?!?!?!? :angry:

Yeah, all we get is those Earl Klugh remasters. I am starting to lose faith. How many times do I wait to buy RVGs or Conns until they show up in the club? Not any longer... :angry:

I think that one's too new yet, Chalupa. Typically takes a couple of months before things see the light of day at yourmusic.com. The trick is knowing which titles to wait for and which they won't carry. It seems like a crapshoot to me there.

I'm hoping they'll get the Metheny/Coleman Song X reissue, myself.