Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the Monk/Coltrane at Carnigie Hall. :unsure:

Me too. Really, I'm holding off because I expect that one relative or another will give it to me for Christmas, and I don't want the hassle of exchanging it at a store. (I live over 20 miles from the nearest record store, a Borders.)

I'm also holding off because I'm pretty much Monked out. I have so much of his stuff that I've listened to so much over the years that I didn't expect to ever buy anything more by him again. I'm sure that I will get this new CD, but I can wait till after Christmas, when Your Music will probably have it, if I'm not given it for a present.

Greg, there are some advantages to living in the country, but I'm not sure I made the right move three years ago. A round trip to the Borders would today cost me four dollars in gasoline!

I enjoyed my country home in Georgia a lot more. But the people here have treated me well, as they did there, so I can't complain.

edit for spelling

Edited by GA Russell

Couple more new ones showed up today:

Garage A Trois - Outre Mer

Sarah Vaughn - After Hours at the London House

Dinah Washington - I Wanna Be Loved

Jimmy Witherspoon/Brother Jack McDuff - The Blues is Now

Dr. John - Best of Parlophone Years

Allman Bros - Live from American University 12/13/70

One that I would recommend is Emiliana Torrini's second album, Fisherman's Woman.  Listen to some samples.  Top notch singer-songwriter.  And I don't lend a lot of time to that, generally...

Heard the tune "Today Has Been Okay" on Grey's Anatomy ast night. Amazing show and amazing song.

What's the best jimmy smith on yourmusic?

At least we can still get the newer RVG's at AllDirect.com for $7.99 each.  Not as good as yourmusic.com, but better than most.

J&R seems to be having some sort of Blue Note/Capitol sale right now for the same price.

That's AllDirect.com's price all the time, and you get free shipping on any order over $99 (good excuse to buy more CDs :P ).