Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

I received my Weather Report Box yesterday unfortunately the DVD was loose during transit and was scratched badly. I sent customer service an email requesting a replacement. Will see what happens. The few times over the last couple years I've had to contact customer service (e-mail) on matters; the service has been very timely and my expectations have been always been met. I always try to write a polite and sometimes funny email to help my request stand out from the myriads they deal with on a constant basis. This is not life and death here, it's just a friggin' CD/DVD. It seems to work.

P.S. I was able to watch parts of this DVD. The video quality is a little grainy at times. The performance is wonderful. Jaco is amazing to watch. The music just flowed right through him!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my shipment a few days ago having ordered 3 discs, but only 1 disc was left in the packaging. Seems like the packaging split open or god forbid someone opened it and helped themselves to the other two. It was taped up with the one selection in tact. Since I work for the Post Office, I immediately sent the shipement back explaining the discs were missing and to reship the order. We'll have to see how long this takes before the new shipment arrives. :angry:

It's funny you mention that -- the exact same thing happened to me yesterday with my selection of the month. I got an empty box that was open.

Guy

I received my shipment a few days ago having ordered 3 discs, but only 1 disc was left in the packaging. Seems like the packaging split open or god forbid someone opened it and helped themselves to the other two. It was taped up with the one selection in tact. Since I work for the Post Office, I immediately sent the shipement back explaining the discs were missing and to reship the order. We'll have to see how long this takes before the new shipment arrives. :angry:

This has happened to me recently too. The box arrived open but partly taped back up, with one selection missing and another one busted (the CD was fine but the case was in multiple pieces), with a note on the box saying that it was damaged in the USPS system. It took around a month to have the missing disc re-sent and a replacement case to be sent.

new:

Fats Waller - If You've Got To Ask, You Ain't Got It! $17.97 3-CD Set

Waylon Jennings - Nashville Rebel $23.96 4-CD Set

Dixie Hummingbirds - Still...Keepin' It Real - The Last Man Standing

Soundtrack - Open Season (Paul Westerberg)

Amy Grant - Time Again - Amy Grant Live (1 CD/1 Bonus DVD) $5.99 2-CD Set

Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 (Remastered)

Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Ye-Me-Le (Remastered)

Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 - Crystal Illusions (Remastered)

Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah

Al Di Meola - Consequence Of Chaos

Dizzy Gillespie All Star Big Band - Dizzy's Business

Audra McDonald - Build A Bridge

The Lemonheads - The Lemonheads

I received my Weather Report Box yesterday unfortunately the DVD was loose during transit and was scratched badly.

P.S. I was able to watch parts of this DVD. The video quality is a little grainy at times. The performance is wonderful. Jaco is amazing to watch. The music just flowed right through him!

I had the same problem when I bought this SEALED from a local used record store. Took it back and they gave me a refund. (paid $30) Luckily, yourmusic sells it now. (for $24)

not sure this will hold true but i went ahead and clicked thru my account to cancel my subscription and received a pop up window advertising $5.99 for all cds if I "please" stay. clicked back and then to the home page and the discs come up @ $5.99 ... put one in the cart for grins and yes still $5.99!

if this works everyone owes me a buck! :g

not sure this will hold true but i went ahead and clicked thru my account to cancel my subscription and received a pop up window advertising $5.99 for all cds if I "please" stay. clicked back and then to the home page and the discs come up @ $5.99 ... put one in the cart for grins and yes still $5.99!

if this works everyone owes me a buck! :g

Didn't happen for me. I guess they don't love me as much as they do you. :(

Today I received all the rest of my items except for the Miles Davis Blackhawk set. Interestingly, "My Order History" shows that this set shipped, but that another disc *which I did receive* is on backorder. That disc happens to be the one listed directly above the Blackhawk box in the order. I smell a f-up coming.

I was a member in the $4.99 days, kept going during the $5.99 days, and just cancelled, but was not offered the $5.99 to stay. I can always rejoin, but I just see that yourmusic has gone way downhill recently. I have orders from a couple of weeks ago that haven't shipped yet, they don't respond to e-mails anymore, etc. It's very strange that some people are still able to get CD's there for $5.99.

I'm still getting them at 5.99 as well, as of today even.

I got a reply yesterday from customer service. .. I sent the query on Dec. 4 and got a reply Jan. 4. :) They said they would ship me the Johnny Griffin cd that they didn't ship me before though they said they had.

Then today. . . I got a message that the cd was backordered! LOL!

Sounds like it's turning out to be no big deal that I just stayed with BMG.

I continue to be a member of BMG, although I haven't bought anything from them (except spending my Music Points) since I joined Your Music two years ago.

My current BMG deal is Buy One, Get Four Free. That works out to saving $2.01 for five CDs at BMG over Your Music.

Of course, if there were five CDs I really wanted from them now, I would have bought them from Your Music the last week of December.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed the following on the BMG website, so expect they'll show up at yourmusic as well:

Bill Frisell/Ron Carter/Paul Motian

Don Byron - Do the Boomerang

Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall

Stefon Harris - African Tarantella

Louis Armstrong - The Great American Songbook

Fred Astaire - The Great American Songbook

John Coltrane - Gold

June Christy - The Intimate Miss Christy

Edited by Aggie87

Noticed the following on the BMG website, so expect they'll show up at yourmusic as well:

Bill Frisell/Ron Carter/Paul Motian

Don Byron - Do the Boomerang

Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall

Stefon Harris - African Tarantella

Louis Armstrong - The Great American Songbook

Fred Astaire - The Great American Songbook

John Coltrane - Gold

June Christy - The Intimate Miss Christy

The Armstrong and Astaire have been on yourmusic, I bought them, they're nice actually.

I keep hoping hte Christy will show but it HASN'T! I've looked for a couple of weeks.

Edited by jazzbo