Am I missing something?

Hardbopjazz

I believe I have every recording by Wes Montgomey, either as a leader or sideman. Is there something I might be missing? This is what I have in my collection.

1) The complete Riverside Recordings

2) Finger Pickin'

3) Montgomey Brothers

4) Kismet

5) The Complete Live at Jorgie's and More

6) Recorded Live at Jorgie's Jazz Club

7) Full house

8) Live at Ronnie Scott's

9) Movin' Wes

10) Impressions

11) Smokin' at the Half Note

12) Live in Paris

13) Solitude

14) Bumpin'

15) Willow Weep for Me

16) Goin' out of my Head

17) Live in Europe

18) Tequila

19) Califorina Dreaming

20) A Day in the Life

21) Down here on the ground

22) Road Song

23) Eulogy

24) The Dynamic Duo

25) Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes

26) A Good Git Together (Recently released on CD with many bonus tracks)

27) The complete NDR broadcasts (3 CD's, includes the tunes where he lays out or just comps)

28) Legends of the Jazz Guitar (DVD)

29) Complete Recordings With Lionel Hampton

30) Biginnings

31) Encores Bol 1 and 2

32) The complete live in Paris

33) The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery [Compilation] Feb 12, 65 and Apr 12, 65

34) DVD of someones private video from I believe 1966, real bad quality. Almost unwatchable.

35) Straight no Chaser

36) Round Midnight

37) Groove Brothers

It's hard to analyze an unsorted list like that, but here's one thing I don't see on your list:

B00002SWK4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DANGEROUS (Milestone). 9 Tracks. 1-6 previously issued only in Riverside box set; tracks 7-9 previously unissued tracks from "The Montgomery Brothers In Canada" recordings.

It's hard to analyze an unsorted list like that, but here's one thing I don't see on your list:

DANGEROUS (Milestone). 9 Tracks. 1-6 previously issued only in Riverside box set; tracks 7-9 previously unissued tracks from "The Montgomery Brothers In Canada" recordings.

Isn't Groove Brother's The Montgomery Brothers in Canada?

DANGEROUS (Milestone).  9 Tracks. 1-6 previously issued only in Riverside box set; tracks 7-9 previously unissued tracks from "The Montgomery Brothers In Canada" recordings.

Isn't Groove Brother's The Montgomery Brothers in Canada?

GROOVE BROTHERS contains two LP's on one CD:

THE MONTGOMERY BROTHERS (Fantasy 3308)

and

THE MONTGOMERY BROTHERS IN CANADA (Fantasy 8066)

As I said, DANGEROUS contains 6 (Riverside) tracks previously issued only in Riverside box set; and 3 previously unissued tracks from "The M.B. In Canada" session. In other words, those three tracks were never on Fantasy 8066, and not released on the GROOVE BROTHERS twofer.

=====

Brad, he has the Riverside box.

There are a few "previously unreleased" tracks on an A&M "greatest hits" package (it's been out with at least 2 different titles), and they are far stronger (and more straight-ahead) than the stuff we're familiar with from that period.

There are a few "previously unreleased" tracks on an A&M "greatest hits" package (it's been out with at least 2 different titles), and they are far stronger (and more straight-ahead) than the stuff we're familiar with from that period.

Interesting... could you post some details?

I believe I have every recording by Wes Montgomey, either as a leader or sideman. Is there something I might be missing? This is what I have in my collection.

1) The complete Riverside Recordings

2) Finger Pickin'

3) Montgomey Brothers

4) Kismet

5) The Complete Live at Jorgie's and More

6) Recorded Live at Jorgie's Jazz Club

7) Full house

8) Live at Ronnie Scott's

9) Movin' Wes

10) Impressions

11) Smokin' at the Half Note

12) Live in Paris

13) Solitude

14) Bumpin'

15) Willow Weep for Me

16) Goin' out of my Head

17) Live in Europe

18) Tequila

19) Califorina Dreaming

20) A Day in the Life

21) Down here on the ground

22) Road Song

23) Eulogy

24) The Dynamic Duo

25) Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes

26) A Good Git Together (Recently released on CD with many bonus tracks)

27) The complete NDR broadcasts (3 CD's, includes the tunes where he lays out or just comps)

28) Legends of the Jazz Guitar (DVD)

29) Complete Recordings With Lionel Hampton

30) Biginnings

31) Encores Bol 1 and 2

32) The complete live in Paris

33) The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery [Compilation] Feb 12, 65 and Apr 12, 65

34) DVD of someones private video from I believe 1966, real bad quality. Almost unwatchable.

35) Straight no Chaser

36) Round Midnight

37) Groove Brothers

Unless you have an huge music collection, I'd say you are missing a bunch. I have 5000+ discs and only have 7 with Wes.

Now you can attack. :ph34r:

Unless you have an huge music collection, I'd say you are missing a bunch. I have 5000+ discs and only have 7 with Wes.

Now you can attack. :ph34r:

Chuck, that's probably a good point, except it assumes that we're all sane. :g Look at it this way, at least we're not talking about being an Ellington completeist (or maybe some would see that as less insane B-) ).

Jim R -

5 unissued performances showed up on a Wes Montgomery package called "Classics" in 1987 (the dawn of the CD era!) - it was part of an "A&M 25th Anniversary" series of releases. (Carpenters, anyone?) The performances are fairly short (only 2 are more than 4 minutes), but pretty straight-forward. The best is "Pata Pata," but there's also "My Favorite Things" and "Hello Young Lovers." Other than the year, there is no information. Considering what was being released at the time, these are pretty good. Are they the tip of the iceberg? Are there other Montgomery sessions in the A&M vaults? I think the CD I have has come out more recently under a "Greatest Hits" title - should be easy to find.

Jim R -

5 unissued performances showed up on a Wes Montgomery package called "Classics" in 1987 (the dawn of the CD era!) - it was part of an "A&M 25th Anniversary" series of releases. (Carpenters, anyone?) The performances are fairly short (only 2 are more than 4 minutes), but pretty straight-forward. The best is "Pata Pata," but there's also "My Favorite Things" and "Hello Young Lovers." Other than the year, there is no information. Considering what was being released at the time, these are pretty good. Are they the tip of the iceberg? Are there other Montgomery sessions in the A&M vaults? I think the CD I have has come out more recently under a "Greatest Hits" title - should be easy to find.

Thanks. I'll watch for a used copy. BTW, it turns out there's some discographical info on those tracks listed at that (Jazzdico.org) link that Jazzshrink posted above.