CD wish list

Free For All

Still on my vinyl wants list (and still waiting for these to come out on CD):

- Ruby Braff 'Around the World' (UA)

- Rene Urtreger Trio (Versailles)

- Päul Gonsalves 'Cookin' (Argo)

- Urbie Green 10" (BN)

- Gigi Gryce (MetroJazz)

- John Pisano/Billy Bean 'Makin' It' (Decca) and 'Take Your Pick' (Decca)

Clifford Jordan, "In the World"

And just about anything that was on the Horo label.

Good picks there.

Was Charles Brackeen's Rhythm X ever out on compact disc? I've seen it on reissued vinyl, but have always wanted to pick it up in disc form. Any leads?

There's a Lacy on Horo with Kent Carter that would be nice to hear. A duo album which I believe is titled Catch.

I'd like to see the output of a not too well known, yet excellent pianist issued on CD. To date, I only have him represented on LP - Charles Bell. One on Atlantic, the other on Columbia (he may have done more, but that's all I have). Additionally, he did a fabulous live version of "Whisper Not" on an RCA Victor piano anthology that also contains performances by Earl Hines, Duke Ellington, Willie 'the Lion", etc., all recorded at the Newport JF.

Edited by MartyJazz

I've never seen anything but the Atlantic and Columbia from Bell. Yeah, through the odd choices of lps given to Peace Corps volunteers in the mid sixties as care packages, I got "Another Dimension" as one of the very first lps I ever had (another was Leo Wright's excellent Blues Shout"and yet another was "Sister Salvation" by Slide Hampton), a gift from a volunteer who I guess didn't dig it when we were in Ethiopia. That version of "My Favorite Things" is KILLER. . . love the way it develops. TAhese are really good albums, but I don't expect to see them soon. . .

<_<

the top five cd's I despirately want to own are:

1. Meet The Jazztet

2. Grant Green- I Wanna Hold Your Hand

3. The Three Sounds- Here We Come

4. Sonny Rollins- The Bridge

5. Ornette Coleman- The Shape Of Jazz To Come

One more is Giant Steps, Trane. I have heard the whole album, but I do not own it. That is one of my favorite albums ever.