Upgrading the board...

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may transfer the board to a new server tonight at 11:00pm. The server we are currently on does not suppor the new forum software. I have asked Bytehosting to move it tonight, but have not confirmed that yet. So this is just a head's up.

If it does get moved tonight, I will try and upgrade the board at immeditately following the move.

Guest DizzySpells

Groovy!

I don't know how often I said that before the upgrade to some site went down the shute. ;)

Best of luck.

May it be a smooth transition.

Edited by DizzySpells

I have everything backed up and will back it up again prior to upgrading. Before I tried upgrading on Monday I backed everything up and I'm glad I did because I could not install the new software. Had I not backed everything up here on my machine, this board wouldn't be up right now! :)

I wish all the computer users I deal with in the real world were as thoughtful as you Jim.

:rfr

:tup:tup:tup

Guest DizzySpells

Does the color fading in & out on the new :huh: posts envelopes make anybody else seasick??

If THAT makes you seasick, STAY AWAY from bathtubs. ;)

P.S.: I think it's quite unobtrusive, but I'm also looking at it with a resolution of 1600 * 1200. Those things are so small and smoothly animated that they appear more soothing than disturbing.

nice stuff!! some observations: the borders on the new buttons are rather sharp, sharper than the border around the main field/table. I see the new blue stripe is a tad darker/more intensive than the old one. it makes the buttons spring some more, which might be good, but for the moment it looks awkward. Maybe rather the text in the buttons needs some more contrast, though actually, I am a big fan of the subdued approach. like I said: nice stuff :tup

Everything works a-o-k on the west coast, Jim, for what it's worth...

:alien:

Right... I'm not sure anything has been done yet. I'm waiting for the site to be transfered to another server, one that supports XML, so I can upgrade the board software from 1.3 to ver 2.0.

I have no idea if the server transfer has happened. It was supposed to happen at midnight, eastern standard time.