Robert Blake walks

This is one of those cases where it doesn't matter what the hell I say about it, or what I think about it -- nothing I do or say or think will change anything about the outcome of events.

I have purposefully avoided all media accounts of the Blake case (or as many as I could avoid), and so too with the Michael Jackson case, and the Kobe Bryant case, and the OJ case.

NONE of them matter a hill of beans in my life, and the less time I spend worrying about them, the better.

Maybe Blake did it, maybe he didn't. Maybe his money bought his freedom, or maybe he really was innocent.

I don't know the truth, none of us ever will, and I really don't care. :mellow:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

They just had a pretty obscure movie on TCM called Mokey, starring a very young "Bobby" Blake.

Murder is wrong (Sometimes, you just gotta take a bold stand!) But, if there ever was someone asking to be killed, it was her. The story I read about her in the TV Guide a year or so ago, read like some crazy made up shit. No way after marrying him would she have a phone sex line, would she? Or still trying to find Johns, would she? She ripped off tons of old men, and no doubt thought she had a soft touch in Blake. He should have done some time, but I guess since they had a daughter, perhaps that played a role. Most likely, the prosecutors in La La land once again had a weak case against a killer.

Don't go to bed, with no price on your head

No, no, don't do it.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time,

Yeah, don't do it.

And keep your eye on the sparrow.

When the going gets narrow.

Don't do it, don't do it.

Where can I go where the cold winds don't blow,

Now.

Well, well, well.

Anybody here ever have the real inspiration for Barretta appear in their school for his drug lectures? A major event at my High School, four hour assembly of the entire school, and he held us spellbound the entire time; an amazing man.

No, but I saw the antidrug film starring Sonny Bono. Man, nothing made me want to drop acid more than watching that film; what were they thinking??? :lol:

From the NYT:

No eyewitnesses, blood or DNA evidence linked Blake to the crime. The murder weapon, found in a trash bin, could not be traced to Blake, and witnesses said the minuscule amounts of gunshot residue found on Blake's hands could have come from a different gun he said he carried for protection.

So, basically the prosecution had people who claimed that Blake discussed having his wife killed, but couldn't make any connection to the crime other than the circumstantial evidence and the fact that it wasn't exactly a strong marriage. I tend to agree with Allen - the prosecution didn't have much of a case and apparently they couldn't push the ball past "beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt".

From the NYT:

No eyewitnesses, blood or DNA evidence linked Blake to the crime. The murder weapon, found in a trash bin, could not be traced to Blake, and witnesses said the minuscule amounts of gunshot residue found on Blake's hands could have come from a different gun he said he carried for protection.

So, basically the prosecution had people who claimed that Blake discussed having his wife killed, but couldn't make any connection to the crime other than the circumstantial evidence and the fact that it wasn't exactly a strong marriage. I tend to agree with Allen - the prosecution didn't have much of a case and apparently they couldn't push the ball past "beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt".

I'm 100% with Dan on this.