I'm Out Of Here.....

Dude, you oughta just say "Screw it" to the notion of permanent residency and hook up with Clem on his nomadic peregrinations. The two of you would cut a swath across this great land of ours the likes of which have not been seen since Sonny Stitts left the planet. Do it now, while you're young, energetic, and still capable of consuming mass quantities.

I'm kidding, but I'm not, if you know what I mean. ;)

Could you imagine me a clem in the same car? B-)

OH yeah!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you oughta just say "Screw it" to the notion of permanent residency and hook up with Clem on his nomadic peregrinations. The two of you would cut a swath across this great land of ours the likes of which have not been seen since Sonny Stitts left the planet. Do it now, while you're young, energetic, and still capable of consuming mass quantities.

I'm kidding, but I'm not, if you know what I mean. ;)

Could you imagine me a clem in the same car? B-)

ummm...

Actually, I'm visualizing

butch.jpg

as ideologically filtered through

6300216233.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well good luck to you no matter where you wind up. Start posting again as soon as you're settled. Ad to re-lo possibilities, I don't think you really know if anyplace is a good fit until you actually try it out. I'm sure when you moved before, you always thought it would work out, but it didn't. All you can do is give it your best shot and hope it winds up being the right call.

Can I have your bottlecap?

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

What was the old cartoon about the cat and dog chained together at the wrists and on the lam? At the end they hang suspended from a railroad bridge so that the train will cut their chain... fall into a dump and leap up shouting, "We're free! We're free!" only to discover that their ankles are now caught together in a pipe... and go hopping off into the distance as sirens erupt again.

Well, you should be able to figure out MY recommendation:

1B011789.jpg

Seriously, though, there are lots of reasons that Philly is a great place to live--way too many to list here. In fact, it's been a a pet peeve of mine for many years that Philly has been so underrated and underappreciated by the rest of the country. I even had a column published a few years ago in the Philadelphia Daily News about how the city needs to do a much better job of promoting all that it has to offer. If you want specifics, let me know and I'll be glad to give you the full sales presentation. :rolleyes:

Catesta, since you're leaving the state, is there good reason not to consider Arizona?

Oh I see, you wait until you find out I'm leaving. <_<

Seriously, It depends on what your looking for.

Housing costs are still reasonable and the job market is good.

Plenty of future growth projected.

If you don't mind everthing being spread so far out it may be worth looking into.

:lol::lol:

Actually, the thought of Organissimo buddies made Arizona look better.

We definitely need good housing prices and available jobs. I don't know how a first time homebuyer could do it in California.

Jeff, I'm sorry I won't be around, should you decide AZ is for you.

Housing costs going up some due to private investors grabbing and turning for a profit as fast as homes are being built. Nothing like Cali, though.

I'd give you a job. You must have a clean drving record, also being bi-lingual is a plus. ;)

Very relieved... when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was delayed fallout from all of last week's upheaval.

Good luck with the move, man! :tup

Whew, that was my reaction too (and may help explain why there were 11 people reading this at once). Chris, don't you know that "I'm Out Of Here" is THE most common thread title for a departing, disgruntled, angry bb poster to use? :unsure: Hey... wait a minute. I saw "Catesta" was the topic starter... so how could I have thunk that's what was going on here? :blink: Anyway, don't DO that! ;)

I hope you find a good plan and a good location. Sorry, I know you don't want to come to Silicon Valley (even if it WAS once one of the most appealing places to move to... which is why it's no longer one of the most appealing places to move to...). <_<

Housing prices have gone up a lot in the last few years, but Brooklyn is great. I've lived here all my life and I love it. Easy access to Manhattan from almost anywhere in the borough, fresh mozzarella, plent of parks, fresh mozzarella, food from almost anywhere on the planet, fresh mozzarella, 4 seasons, fresh mozzarella, neighborhoods, fresh mozzarella, etc.

Best of luck wherever you wind up.

I did spend Labor Day weekend in Philly and liked it very much. They also have...fresh mozzarella! :g

HEY CATESTA....YOU LOVE JAZZ AND ITALIAN FOOD !

Not necessarily in that order.

Right?

WELLLL.......North Jersey is the JOINT !! You're minutes outside of THE APPLE (Jazz capitol of the world - for the unitiated) and the Italian restaurants in Newark, Lodi, Garfield, and many other North Jersey locales are one step beyond. There are none better. ANYWHERE ! ANYWHERE !. YA' UNNERSTAND !?

YA UNNERSTAND !!?

Edited by Harold_Z

Michigan is not completely ruled out, but I need a guy like Chuck to give the complete skinny on a place like Ann Arbor.

Don't ask Chuck.

He doesn't know shit about the place. :P;)

No need to ask a "foreigner" like GregK either! ;)

Ann Arbor is a great place to visit. Not such a good place to live owing to the high cost of living. Best would be to live 40 miles away and just visit the place whenever you want.

Housing prices are low in Toledo and NW Ohio. Housing prices are low in Michigan south of Dundee as well.

Would need to know more information regarding what you're looking for before I could give you any solid recommendations.

:g

I've been in Providence about three years and we're moving in two months. I'm looking forward to it, and I'm not telling you where I'm moving because I don't want the rest of the world to discover it. OK, fine. Wilmington, NC. But please don't go talking it up! It is already growing too fast as is.

Providence has been fun. Friends in NYC put us up all the time on the weekends, Boston is a day trip, New Hampshire has a wide variety of lift tickets for sale, as does Vermont, and Providence... hm... I guess its just a convenient location for all of that.

I know Vint loved it, but I have to disagree about the winters! We moved here just in time I guess, because EVERYONE says RI has mild winters. The past three winters were not mild! The summers are mild!

I have no real complaints about Providence. I always knew it was temporary, and that helped. Good people, good food, no music scene. I'll miss it, but not as much as I've missed Wilmington!

Good luck with your move C!

Jeff, I'm sorry I won't be around, should you decide AZ is for you.

Housing costs going up some due to private investors grabbing and turning for a profit as fast as homes are being built. Nothing like Cali, though.

I'd give you a job. You must have a clean drving record, also being bi-lingual is a plus. ;)

Thanks! No hablo espanol. :(

I'll make sure I find a job before I move. I WON'T make that mistake again. :excited:

That's too bad about the investors... maybe I'll just go to Alaska and build and igloo. :ph34r:

Hell, maybe I'll just head east like you. :g

I have this awful feeling I'm going to end up right where I started, back in Southern California... :blink::wacko:

Michigan is not completely ruled out, but I need a guy like Chuck to give the complete skinny on a place like Ann Arbor.

Hey, prior to my 20 plus years in Michigan, we lived in IA, IL, IN, WI, MA and IL again. I know more about all those places. :o

Always staying one step ahead of the law? :unsure::ph34r:

HEY CATESTA....YOU LOVE JAZZ AND ITALIAN FOOD !

Not necessarily in that order.

Right?

WELLLL.......North Jersey is the JOINT !! You're minutes outside of THE APPLE (Jazz capitol of the world - for the unitiated) and the Italian restaurants in Newark, Lodi, Garfield, and many other North Jersey locales are one step beyond. There are none better. ANYWHERE ! ANYWHERE !. YA' UNNERSTAND !?

YA UNNERSTAND !!?

I hear ya.

For those that don't know, I am originally from NY. That part of the country makes the most sense with regards to being close to family.

I've got family in Jersey, Essex Fells, Cherry Hill...., as well as NY, Queens, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Glen Cove LI, and East Meadow. Oh shit, I forgot Dutchess County, but I'm not going up there. B-)

Philly puts me closest to all of that without actually being in it. Although, I'm not ruling anything out right now, going back to NY may be a stretch. With property in AZ being what it is, I've gotten used to a certain amount of space.

Edited by catesta

Hey, prior to my 20 plus years in Michigan, we lived in IA, IL, IN, WI, MA and IL again. I know more about all those places. :o

So... you spent about 20 years in each of those states?

:mellow:

:D

:unsure:

:P